WhatsApp has been reinventing itself to keep the loyalists from switching to other private messaging applications. Recently, the Facebook owned messaging app released several new features to make chats simpler and swifter. For instance, users can make their messages disappear after a specified period of time. And now, you can also schedule WhatsApp messages on Android and iOS.
Sadly, WhatsApp does not have this feature. However, you can use third-party apps to schedule WhatsApp messages on Android and iOS. Third-party apps allow you to schedule WhatsApp messages and send them as per your preferred time to make sure the reader gets it and reads it. This feature is especially helpful if you wish to avoid someone at a particular time or do not wish to send the message immediately.
Advantages of scheduling WhatsApp messages
Scheduling WhatsApp messages allows you to be
- Send birthday and anniversary messages to family and friends right at midnight.
- Send notifications for meetings, calls
- You don’t have to wait for prime time to send a message
- Saves time
You Might Also Like to Read: How to Hide WhatsApp Chats without Deleting Them
Schedule WhatsApp messages on Android
- Download a third-party app, SKEDit Scheduling app, from Google Play Store
- Sign up using Facebook or Google account. You can also create a new account. To do so, click on ‘Create Account’.
- Enter your name, email and password. Don’t forget to check the spellings before clicking on ‘Create account’.
- Now click on ‘Send verification code’ to verify your email address.
- Carefully put in the code received in your inbox and click on ‘Verify Email’.
- Click on WhatsApp on the ‘Add services’ page.
- Enable accessibility permissions for SKEDit. Look for the SKEDit app and click on ‘Use service’.
- Now, select the contact on WhatsApp for whom you wish to schedule the message and type it in.
- Select the date and time for when you want to send the message.
- Enable ‘Ask me before sending’ and click on the tick mark at the top right corner.
- When the scheduled time arrives, the app will send you a notification asking you to complete the action. You can tap on the Send button to send the message. You can also edit it before sending it.
Check Out: How to Send Large Files on WhatsApp in 2021?
Schedule WhatsApp messages in iPhone
iOS does not offer the provision of third-party apps to schedule WhatsApp messages. However, iPhone users can still schedule WhatsApp messages with the help of Siri Shortcuts due to its reliance on automation. Here’s what you need to do:
- Download the Shortcuts app from the Apple Store.
- Select the Automation tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the + sign and create a personal automation.
- After this, select the Time-of-Day option to schedule WhatsApp message, and select the date and time. Now tap on Next.
- Add the action you’d like to automate. To do so, type Text and then choose Text from the list of actions that are shown.
- After that, enter the message in the text field.
- Once you have typed in the message, click on the + sign below the text field and search for WhatsApp.
- From here, select ‘Send Message via WhatsApp’, and then select the recipient. Tap on Next.
- At this stage, at the scheduled time, you will receive a notification from Shortcuts app. Once you click on it, you will be automatically redirected to WhatsApp where the scheduled message is pasted.
- Click on Send and you are good to go!!
PS: With this method you can schedule WhatsApp messages on iOS only up to a week.