if you want to access you forgotten Facebook account, you need to know how to recover my old Facebook account.
Recovering your old Facebook account can either be very tough or extremely easy. If you want to make your account recovery easy you must know the Gmail id, phone number, or anything else linked to the.
The best part about Facebook is, it rarely deletes accounts even if not used since a very long time. This only happens if the account has not been reported. Now the question is, is it really possible to recover an old Facebook account?
So, yes! You can recover an old Facebook account. Here is how you can do so:
How can I recover my old Facebook account if I forgot the password?
- First of all, you need to log out the Facebook account if there is any account logged in
- Open your browser and search ‘find your account page’
- You will see this search
- When you click on the link, you will be redirected to a page that will ask you to enter your mobile number to search your account. You can even add your name or email address to look for your account
- When you add any detail about the previous account you will be shown your profile
- If that will be your profile just select it and confirm
- Depending on the way you chose above to find your account, you will receive a verification code
- It can be on your registered number, or email id
- You just have to enter the verification code in the box
- After this you can choose a new password for your account, and you will be able to access your old Facebook password
Here is the second way
How to recover an old Facebook account
This way will work only if you haven’t permanently deleted or disabled your Facebook account.
Follow these steps:
- Open any Facebook account and search for the account you want to recover
- Once the account you want to recover gets opened, just click on the 3 dots underneath the cover photo
- When you click on the 3 dots, you will see find support or report profile option, just select that
- Just look down and tap on ‘something else’
- As soon as you select this option, you will see ‘recover this account’ option
- Open this and you will see change your password setting. There you will see various ways on how to change password
- When you choose the option, you will get the further instructions just follow them
- If you still have the access to those things that are required to login into your Facebook account, you will be able to recover your account
It may also happen sometimes that your Facebook account is disable because you violated their community standards. You should know what to do if this is the case.
How to recover disabled Facebook account due to violating community standards
We all are much aware of the fact that Facebook has some community standards set for its users. These should not be violated at any cost, if violated Facebook may also disable your account. Follow the steps below if the same has happened to you:
- Open any search browser and look for ‘my personal account was disabled’
- Go to the first link you see in the search
- You will then be asked to provide your email id, or mobile phone number
- In the next step you will be asked to add your full name
- Also, you need to have an ID to prove your identity
- Once you add all these details, click on send
- After all the verification is done, they will check if you have violated any community standards
- If your account didn’t violate any community standards and ID proves are real, Facebook will reinstate your profile
The other situation can be you want to recover a deleted Facebook account. This is possible if you do so within 14 days of deleting your account. Your data will not be deleted immediately. Facebook takes around 14 days to work on the process.
How to recover deleted Facebook account
Follow the steps to recover deleted account:
- Open any browser and search for Facebook.com
- Now, sign in with your phone number/ email id, and password
- Select log in
- You will then see a message pop up saying: Your account is scheduled for deletion. Are you sure you wish to permanently delete your account?
- Select ‘cancel deletion’ and you are done
- Just log into your Facebook account again
There are 3 main reasons that your Facebook account must have been disable and now you want to know how I can recover my old Facebook account.
- You disabled you account for some personal reasons
- You forgot your log in details
- Your violated Facebook community standards
You also must know that if you want to recover your old Facebook account you must know your password and the number or email attached to the account.
These were some great ways on ‘how can I recover an old Facebook account’. If you are facing any other Facebook related issues, you can write down in the comment section and we will get back to you with the solution.
How to recover a hacked Facebook account?
how to recover Facebook account through friends?
how to recover Facebook account without phone number?