In case you forget your Facebook password or id, it’s not that difficult to get it back. However, if you are wondering how to recover my Facebook account through friends, it may be a bit complicated. It is so, because not everyone is aware that we can even recover our Facebook account through friends.
Highlights of the article:
- How to set your trusted contacts on Facebook?
- How to recover my Facebook account through friends?
- Is it okay to use Facebook’s trusted contacts to recover your Facebook account?
- Check your login status to recover your Facebook account.
Almost everyone uses Facebook nowadays and that’s why Facebook is said to be the social media giant. It ensures everyone’s safety and privacy. What happens when we forget our Facebook id or password? We get frustrated right?
More frustration comes when the phone number or Gmail account linked to the account is no longer in use. Then what should we do in this situation?
This is when you can ask your friends to help you recover your Facebook account. Here, we will tell you ways to sort your issue on how to recover my Facebook account through friends.
Before you know how to recover my Facebook account through friends, you must first know how to set up your trusted contacts on Facebook. Here we are with a complete guide on how to setup trusted contacts on Facebook.
How to set your trusted contacts on Facebook?
Follow the steps below
Open Facebook app on your device and then login to Facebook
Now, go to the settings option on your Facebook app. Under settings look for Security and login option
You just have to scroll down and look for an option which says ‘Choose 3 to 5 friends to contact if you get locked out’
When you select this option, you will see an option of ‘Choose Trusted contacts’
Select the option and you may be asked to enter your password. Enter your password
By doing so, you will see a list of your friends and you have to choose among those friends
Choose your selected contacts and you are done
Hopefully, we have made it easy for you to set your trusted contacts on Facebook. Now, just follow the steps below to know how to recover my Facebook account through friends.
How to recover my Facebook account through friends?
After you are done with setting up the trusted contacts, you can easily gain access to your Facebook account if you ever forget your id and password.
Look at the steps below to know how to recover my Facebook account through friends.
- Firstly, you just have to login Facebook using a search browser
- Then try logging into your Facebook account
- When you enter password, it will show wrong password
- You then have to choose forgotten password option
- As soon as you click on ‘forgotten password’ option, you will be asked to entre your details. If can be your name, email address, or mobile number
- Choose the one you prefer. You will then again be asked to try again by entering your password
- You have to look down to ‘try another way’
- After this, you again have to look down to ‘No longer have access to these’ option
Once you select the option that says ‘no longer have access to these’ you will be redirected to the new page saying how can we help you.
Follow these steps further:
- Enter a new Gmail account you didn’t use in any of your Facebook account
- You will be asked to confirm the new email address
- Just when you click on the continue button you will see 3 things noted down
- Go to ‘Reveal my trusted contacts’
- They will ask you to enter name of any one trusted contact out of the three
- When you enter the contact’s name, you will see all three trusted contacts to added listed below
- You then have to send them a link
- The link will be: https://www.facebook.com/recover
- All of them will receive a different code
- Add all the 3 codes in the box and you are done
- You will now be able to access your Facebook account again
If you really follow these steps in the same manner mentioned above, you can easily get to know ‘how can I recover my Facebook account through friends’.
Is it okay to use Facebook’s trusted contacts to recover your Facebook account?
There is no such problem in using your fb’s trusted contacts to get access to your Facebook account. The only thing that may make it difficult to login to your account using Facebook’s trusted account is, when one of them is not around.
Imagine you can’t login to you Facebook account and you chose the option of recovering account through Facebook’s trusted contacts. You know each one from the trusted contact will get a unique code. Without this unique code you cannot login into your account.
What if you are no longer in contact with that person? Or what if the person isn’t available at that very moment.
This is the only thing to consider before logging into your account by using Facebook’s trusted contacts. Otherwise, the method is safe though it’s a bit complicated.
If you don’t have any idea about the number or email address linked to your Facebook account, you can check if you are logged into some other browser. Check your mobile phone, tablet, Facebook app, or any other place you must have logged in. this is because if you are by chance logged in some other app or device, you might be able to recover your Facebook account or password without a reset code.
You may even be able to create a new password directly.
This article must have helped you if you were looking for ‘how to recover my Facebook account through friends’. Also, now you know how to set up your trusted contacts on Facebook.