Photographs help to keep memories alive and hence they are so precious. Nowadays, most images are captured using smartphones. Thus, whenever somebody is changing their device, they want to transfer the pictures from their old phone to the new one. People like to share them with others as well. If you want to know how to transfer photos from Android to Android, here are different ways to do so.
Suggested read: Here’s how to transfer data from old Android to new Android?
How to transfer photos from Android to Android?
Using Android Beam– Most of the latest smartphone models come with an NFC module and have the Android Beam feature handy. This lets the users establish a fast connection between two smartphones kept nearby. Just place the phones back-to-back and keep them unlocked. Before transferring photos, just ensure that both smartphones support NFC. Follow the given steps to check:
- Go to Settings on both the devices
- Look for Wireless & Networks
- Click on More
- Ensure that both NFC and Android Beam are enabled on the devices
- Find and choose the images you want to share
- Unlock the devices and keep them back-to-back to start transferring photographs
Using Bluetooth– This is another great way to transfer photos from one device to another as Bluetooth is found in all Android devices. Thus, there is no need to download any additional apps on the phones. This is quick and effective for transferring a small number of photos. Follow the given steps:
- Turn on Bluetooth on both the devices
- Pair them together to establish a connection successfully
- Go to the phone’s gallery
- Find and select the desired photos
- Tap on Share
- Click on Bluetooth
- The phone would search for another Bluetooth-enabled device in its proximity
- Choose the other device on your phone
- The other phone may need to accept the receiving content as well
- The photos would start to transfer
- Wait till all the images are sent
Watch this YouTube video:
Using Google Drive– You can also transfer photos between two Android smartphones using Google Drive. You need to upload the photos to the cloud. If the other phone is yours as well then log in using the same Google account to access the photos. If you need to transfer to somebody else’s device, then you need to share the images to their Google account ID. Here is how to do it:
- Download and Install Google Drive if you do not have that already on both the devices from Google Play Store
- Open the Drive app and sign in
- Press the + (plus) icon and then click on Upload
- Browse your gallery for the photos you want to send
- Select those and upload them
- Once the transfer is completed, you would be able to see the photos
- Share the same with the other device using their Google account ID
Also read: How to Transfer Data Old Phone to New Phone with and without WiFi?
There are third-party apps as well that help with transferring photos from one phone to another. Some of these apps are Dr. Fone, MobileTrans, PhoneTrans, etc. You may choose to download them to transfer images as well. If you know how to transfer photos from Android to Android in any other way, let us know in the comments sections below to help others. Share this article on your social media if you found it useful.