When typing on Android keyboard, the keypad tones are played. You might want to turn off this sound, especially in a public place like a library or even in office. Are you searching for ‘How to change the keyboard sound on Android?’ Tired of the constant ticking sound? Want to turn off the keyboard sound on Android? Want to disable the vibration for Android keyboard? Well, all this is pretty simple and can be done in a couple of seconds.
Change how your keyboard sounds & vibrates
- First things first, install Gboard on your Android phone or table
- Now, open the Settings app
- Here, tap on ‘System Languages’, and then on ‘Input’
- Then, tap on’ Virtual Keyboard Gboard’
- Click on ‘Preferences’
- Scroll down to ‘Key press’
- Select your choice. For instance, Sound onkeypress. Volume on keypress. Haptic feedback onkeypress.
You Might Also Like to Read: 5 Best Privacy Apps for Android in 2021
To change vibration setting on Android:
- Go to the Setting
- Then, scroll to Language & Input.
- Here, search for ‘Google Keyboard’
- Open ‘Google keyboard’ and tap on ‘Preferences’
- Here, turn off the ‘Vibrate on keypress’ option
Along with adjusting the keyboard sound on Android, you can also customise the theme as per your mood. To give your keyboard a new look:
- Open the Settings app
- Tap System, from here, select ‘Languages & Input’
- Then go to Virtual Keyboard ‘Gboard’
- Tap Theme.
- Select the preferred theme and tap on ‘Apply’
Voila! You are done!
Let us know if you are still unable to change keyboard sound on Android. Drop in your concern in the comments section and our technical team will get back to you with a plausible solution.