Since mid-2021 Facebook users are getting an error message that says, “For your account security, logging in to Facebook from an embedded browser is disabled. To continue, download and log in to the Facebook app on your device and try again”. There are a few ways to resolve the issue, which are discussed in this article.
How to fix the ‘logging into Facebook from an embedded browser is disabled’ error?
1. Enable ‘Links open externally’ on Facebook
To resolve the issue of ‘Logging into Facebook from an embedded browser is disabled’, visit the Facebook account settings page to enable the ‘Links open externally’ option.
This ensures that whenever you try to open Facebook through a game or an app that uses an embedded browser, the error message would not pop up. Instead, you will be taken to an external browser.
Thus, if that app or game is trying to steal your information using the embedded browser, it would not be successful. The app would be opened through the default browser. Find out how it is done:
- Log into your Facebook account
- Tap on the menu
- Click on Settings & Privacy option
- Choose Settings
- Choose Media under the Preferences option
- Scroll down to find the Links open externally box and check it
- The error should get resolved as you have enabled the ‘Links open externally’ option
Watch this YouTube video for better understanding:
2. Use Chrome or Firefox as your default browser
Resolve this issue by using Chrome or Firefox as your default browser. Find out below how it is done:
- Open the Settings app on your Android mobile
- Click on the General tab
- Choose the Apps menu
- Select Manage Apps or Choose Default Apps from the drop-down option
- Click on Browser from the given options
- Pick Chrome or Firefox to make it your default browser
- Go back to the Default App settings page
- From the drop-down menu select Opening links in applications and slide the toggle to turn on the Open Links in apps option
You ought to download Chrome or Firefox beforehand if it is not installed on your phone.
3. Report the issue to the Facebook website or app developer
With the regulations put up by Facebook, you may face a lot of issues. You may find the solution eventually but till then a lot of time would have passed. Thus, contacting the website or app developer is better to find a solution for your issue easily and in less time.
You may find the contact information on the Google Play Store from where you installed the app. If there are more people facing the same problem, there might be quicker solutions as well. Be clear and concise about the error message you are getting to get it properly fixed.
4. Use the web version of Facebook
Open the browser on your phone and type m.facebook.com in the address bar. Log in to your Facebook account with your credentials. You may bookmark the site for easy access in the future.
Interesting read: Top Ways To See Recently-Watched Videos on Facebook
5. Unlink your account from Facebook and log in using Gmail
This is another option that should work. The process is mentioned below:
- Open the account settings on your phone
- Find the Account management section
- Click on the Unlink option beside Facebook
- Link the Google account instead
- Connect the profile to your Google account and the data should be transferred
- Log into Facebook easily with the Google account details
6. Use the Facebook app instead of Facebook Lite
Facebook Lite is great but sometimes it may create an issue while login in. Moreover, it does not use the same login method as the main Facebook app. Some games or app data may not load properly. Download the main Facebook app and try to log in. The issue might get resolved.
Hope you would be able to fix the ‘logging into Facebook from an embedded browser is disabled’ with at least one of the solutions mentioned here. If you need any further help with the issue, write to us in the comment section below. If you find the information helpful, kindly share it with others.