Google Drive is one of the most effective methods for backing up your data. Considering this comes with every Google account, it is simple to access and gives a tonne of free storage space, enabling you to back up even bigger files like images and videos.
However, while Google Drive functions flawlessly with an Android device, it might not function well with an iOS device. This is mainly because of the fact that iOS devices predominantly use iCloud as a backup option.
But iPhone users don’t need to worry. This article presents possible ways to do so. Read on to learn how to back up WhatsApp to google drive on iPhone.
Is it possible to backup WhatsApp to google drive on iPhone directly?
iPhones are backed up by iCloud storage automatically. iPhone users need to delve into ways to optimally proceed with the process. One can use an Android intermediator in pursuance of backing up WhatsApp to google drive.
How to backup WhatsApp to google drive on iPhone
Despite the fact that WhatsApp cannot be backed up to google drive on iPhone directly, there are some alternatives to do so. Some legit methods are mentioned below.
Method 1 Backup via a third-party program
There are many third-party apps and programs which let its users back up data from iPhone to google drive. MobileTrans program is one such program. One can use it to backup WhatsApp to google drive on iPhone. The steps are mentioned below:
- To begin with, download MobileTrans program on your PC.
- Complete the installation and connect your iPhone.
- Now, press “Backup & Restore” option from MobileTrans home screen. Then choose “App Backup & Restore”.
- A panel with many options will appear. It would include WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber and the like. Select WhatsApp among the options.
- Then click on “Backup WhatsApp messages”.
- The program will first recognise your WhatsApp. After that, click on the “Start” button to commence the transfer process.
The transfer process will end. This is the first method how to back up WhatsApp to google drive on iPhone.
Method 2 Backup via Gmail
Earlier you explored backup using a program. In case you do not want to install any program on your PC we got you covered. This technique can export chats from WhatsApp to Gmail. This method is absolutely free but is time-consuming. The reason is that one needs to select chats one by one.
The steps are as follows:
- First and foremost, select the chats for backup.
- Now, navigate to WhatsApp on your iPhone. Find and tap on the particular chat you wish to save.
- Go to the top of the chat and press the name of the chat
- Here, choose the Export the Chat option.
- Furthermore, additional options will appear. Keep scrolling down until you find Export Chat.
- You will see two options i.e. “Attach Media” and “Without Media”.
- Select “Attach Medis” if you wish to include media files. In another case, choose “Without Media”.
- Another list of options will be displayed. Look for the Gmail icon. Now, enter your email id in the recipient box and tap on the Send button.
That is all it takes to complete the task. After your chats are exported, you can download the chats from google drive.
Suggested read Complete Guide on How to Use ChatGPT with Siri on iPhone
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can iPhone users use google drive to back up data?
Absolutely. iPhone users are free to use google drive to back their data. The existing data on the iCloud account can be stored in google drive anytime.
2. Where will the Google backup be restored?
After backing up your iPhone’s data to google drive, your data can be found in the 3 following contents:
- Photos will be found on Google Photos
- Contacts will be found on Google Contacts
- The calendar will be found on Google Calander.
3. How to find WhatsApp backup in Google Drive?
Go to google drive. Tap on the hamburger menu in the top left corner. Press Backups. Your WhatsApp backup will appear.
These were the two most working methods. Notwithstanding, it is to note that there is no direct way to address how to backup WhatsApp to google drive on iPhone. The methods mentioned earlier are manual and alternate ways to back up data. No built-in function has been introduced yet. Which method did you try? Let us know in the comments!