There may be personal reasons that you don’t want someone or anyone to see you exist on Facebook. And fortunately Facebook is equipped with well established privacy policies that you can use to hide facebook profile from someone without blocking. You can either choose the network of people who can reach out to you or you can disappear once signed out.
Depending on your needs you can make changes in your privacy settings or account settings to either limit your network or deactivate your account to hide your Facebook profile.
Hide From Public Searches
Allowing everyone to find you in public searches may be burdensome when you don’t want a lot of people to know you. For this reason, Facebook has a privacy setting that you can use to hide your profile from public searches. Follow the following steps to achieve so:
- Navigate to Facebook and log in to your account
- Tap on the arrow available on the right side of ”Home” > now choose “Privacy Settings” from the drop down menu
- Go to “How You Connect ” section then choose “Edit Settings”
- Further choose “Who can look up your profile by name or contact info?” Scroll down and tap on “Friends” or “Friends of Friends.” This way you can limit the people who can view your profile. These settings will hide your profile from public searches in Facebook or even from search engines like Google
- Now tap on “Done” and your settings will be saved.
Read More: how to post a job on facebook
Hide facebook profile from someone without blocking
In case you don’t want anyone to reach out to your profile in any way. In that case you can choose to deactivate your profile, and you’ll be invisible once you log out. Here is how you can do it:
- Navigate to Facebook then log in to your account
- Tap on the arrow available on the right side of ”Home” > now choose “Account Settings” from the drop down menu
- Tap on the “Security” tab > further click “Deactivate Your Account”
- Choose “This is temporary, I’ll be back” and then hit “Confirm”
- It will ask you to enter your password, do the same then tap on “Deactivate Now.” Once done, now you’ll be signed out of your Facebook account and your profile will be no more visible to anyone
- Whenever your mind changes you can reactivate your Facebook account by simply signing in to your Facebook account.
These are two short and sweet methods that you can use to hide facebook profile from someone without blocking. So now no offense to someone just you and your peace of mind. And there’s no wrong in taking your time out of Facebook for a while or even allowing only selected people to be in your network. After all, privacy settings are meant for such privileges.