The State Bank of India (SBI) has introduced WhatsApp-based banking for its savings account customers. The bank has also introduced WhatsApp-based services for all of its credit card users via SBI Card WhatsApp connect.
SBI took it to Twitter to announce its latest WhatsApp banking services for customers. The bank tweeted, “your bank is now on WhatsApp”, customers can know their account balance and check mini statements on the go.
The news of new facilities for SBI customers came days after SBI chairman Dinesh Khara revealed the bank’s plan to go the WhatsApp way.
Services available for SBI customers on WhatsApp
SBI customers can now view their account balance and their mini statements via WhatsApp. Whereas SBI credit card holders can use the facility to view their account overview, unpaid balance, reward points, and much more.
How to avail of SBI services
The first thing you have to do before you get to avail these services is, you need to register for services. And here’s how to do so:
- Type “WAREG” along with your account number (make sure to give space between both of these) and send it to 7208933148
- NOTE: Send the message from the same number you used to register your SBI account
- Once you send the message, you will get a revert from SBI (number 9022690226) on your WhatsApp
How to start using the services
- Once you receive a confirmation text from SBI on WhatsApp, just reply with Hi to avail the services
- You will then receive a message with the list of services
- You can choose the service you wish to avail
Services you can choose are:
- Account balance
- Mini statement
- De-register from WhatsApp banking
Choose the service you wish to avail of and revert with the number beside the service. Your information will be displayed on your device screen.
Also read: How to Register for SBI Net Banking without Visiting Branch
Now, here’s how SBI credit card holders can avail banking services
SBI credit card holders can text ‘OPTIN’ to 9004022022 through their WhatsApp. The customers can even make a missed call from their registered mobile number to 08080945040. Also, they can use their mobile app to sign up and avail of the services.