Running out of internet when you have a life-saving email to shoot can be a hindrance many of you are aware of. Gmail has finally woken up to this plight and thanks to Google, you can now make use of its mail sans an internet connection.
Turn Gmail Offline On
This feature can actually be a blessing to so many of you out there but make sure that you remember this is specific to just the desktop avatar of Gmail. You must be using Gmail on Chrome for started and you must keep the Offline feature turned on. Additionally, you will have to say bye to the Incognito mode.
Read up a step-by-step guide for helping you start up using this offline mode thingy right away.
1.Open Gmail on desktop.
2.Click settings on the top of your screen.
3. Click the See all option.
4. Go on to Offline tab.
5. Enable Offline Mail.
6. After choosing to save offline data, use Save changes.
How To Use Gmail Offline?
- Gmail automatically syncs all recent emails on this offline access mode and keeps these for fixed time spans, ranging between 7 and 90 days in this mode.
- Gmail actually send your emails on the Outbox. It downloads lightweight versions for the incoming emails over an internet connection.
- You can view these later sans internet, as a result. However, you cannot download any attachments in offline mode.
You can make the offline settings active even if you are part of an organization Gmail. Simply ask the admin to share rights to update the same settings.