Telegram has become one of the most important avenues for having chats. A lot of important conversations take place on the platform. Thus, you may not want your messages accidentally deleted by someone else or yourself. However, if unfortunately, such an incident happens, do not worry as we got you covered.Here is a comprehensive guide on how to recover deleted messages on Telegram in 8 different ways in 2023.
Suggested read: How to Download Telegram Videos Which are not Downloadable
How to recover deleted messages on Telegram?
1. Export Telegram data from the desktop version
- Launch the app on your laptop or computer
- Click on the hamburger menu at the top left
- Select Settings
- Choose Advanced
- Hit the Export Telegram data option at the bottom of the page
- Check the boxes as per your requirements
- Click on the Export button
- Once the process is complete, click on SHOW MY DATA
- Open the export_results.html. to view all your deleted messages on Telegram
2. Run a search in the Saved Messages section on Telegram
- Launch the Telegram app
- Click on the hamburger menu
- Choose the Saves Messages option
- Use the search feature to find the message you are looking for
3. Use the ‘Undo’ feature
You can undo a deleted chat with this method only if you have deleted the chat just five seconds ago. When you delete a chat, you will see the ‘Undo’ option. Just click on it to recover the deleted message.
4. Use the images folder of Telegram
This option can be used if you have deleted an image from Telegram. To be able to view it again, you need to:
- Open the File Manager on your device
- Choose Storage
- Go to Internal Storage
- Click on Telegram
- Open the folder that says ‘Telegram Images’
5. Use the cache folder of your Android device
- Open the File Manager app on your Android device
- Go to Android
- Head to Data thereafter
- Choose ‘org.telegram.messenger’
- Select cache
- View and copy the files to another folder
Also read: How to Unban Telegram Number in 2023?
6. Use the iTunes backup feature for iPhone
- Connect your Apple iPhone to your Mac or computer
- Launch iTunes/Finder
- Click on the phone icon in the upper left side
- Select your device
- Tap on the Restore Backup option
- Select the data you want to restore
- The chat shall be restored with the completion of the restoration process
Kindly note that this method would work only if you already have an iTunes/Finder backup.
7. Use the iCloud backup feature for iPhone
- Open Settings on your iPhone
- Go to the General section
- Hit the Reset button
- Tap on Erase All Content and Settings
- Choose the ‘Restore from iCloud Backup’ option as soon the iPhone restarts
- Select Backup to restore including Telegram messages
- There shall be an archive of Telegram messages after the completion of the process
Kindly note that this method would work only if you already have an iCloud backup.
8. Contact the support team of Telegram
If nothing seems to help and it is essential for you to recover the lost data, you may contact the Telegram support team.
Telegram has a proactive support team that helps with various issues you may face while using the app. Till the time you need to wait; you may refer to the Telegram FAQ section for troubleshooting tips and answers to queries.
Watch this YouTube video:
We are glad that you reached out to us to know how to recover deleted messages on Telegram in 8 different ways in 2023. Hope you found the article useful. Let us know if you have any further questions. Share this article with others so that they are also able to recover important messages.