Everyone who owns a phone keeps it locked. Your phone must be locked either with a password or with your fingerprint, to keep all your information safe.
But do you keep your apps also locked and protected?
One may argue that there is no particular need to do so as the phone is already locked. But, protecting your apps with an app lock can add a layer of protection. After all, you do not want your critical information and private data to be hacked and transmitted over the Internet.
As hackers are increasingly becoming smarter, there is no such thing as too much protection. Hackers can access data and steal sensitive data. Locking important apps on your phone would keep your data safe from landing in the hands of hackers.
Today we will discuss how to put a lock on the apps
If you are an Android user, there are a lot of apps that are available on the Google Play store. Not only you can block specific apps you can also lock your system settings with a password.
Your app passwords and lock patterns should be different from your phone lock.
You can follow these steps to lock your apps on your Android phone-
- Go to the Google Play store and download AppLock. This app has both free and paid versions. In the free version, there will be advertisements and limited features.
- When you first launch the app, you will be required to put in a pin. Keep in mind that it should be different from the pin of your phone.
- If your device has a fingerprint sensor, you can also set up a fingerprint lock on your apps.
- This one app can help you lock all the apps on your phone. You have to add the ‘+’ button to add as many apps as you like.
- The AppLock needs certain permissions to function fully. Once you grant all the permissions your apps will be locked.
Even if we keep our phones guarded at all times, our data is still at risk. Hackers have multiple methods with which they can steal data. One of the most common methods with which a user’s data can be stolen is hacking software. Such software can collect your personal information and transfer all info to hackers.
Therefore, it is significant to not only keep your phone locked but also your apps locked with a password. Not only AppLock but there are also many more options available in the Google PlayStore. Many apps come with an ‘intruder detection’ option too which will give a notification in case someone tries to unlock your phone.
Also read :- Install the best ‘App Locker’ apps!