Listen as audio
There could be various reasons for pictures to turn blurry during and after uploading them on Facebook. Without pondering on those reasons, let’s learn how to fix blurry pictures on Facebook 2023. We have a few tips and tricks that should help with uploading HD-quality pictures on Facebook.
Watch this YouTube video:
How to fix blurry pictures on Facebook 2023?
Upload photos in HD quality
- Log in to the Facebook app
- Click on the hamburger icon on the top right
- Go to Settings and Privacy
- Choose the Settings tab
- Find and select the Media and Contacts option
- Turn on the toggle for the Upload Photos in HD option under the General tab
- You can also turn on the toggle for the Upload Videos in HD option
- Log in to the Facebook app
- Tap on the Hamburger icon at the lower right corner
- Choose Setting & Privacy from the dropdown menu
- Click on Settings
- Choose Media and Contacts
- Select Videos and Photos
- Turn on the toggle for the Upload HD option under PHOTO SETTINGS
- You can also turn on the toggle for the Upload HD option under VIDEO SETTINGS
Maximize your smartphone’s camera settings
- Open the camera app on your phone
- Click on the Gear icon
- Choose picture size
- Change the settings to the biggest picture resolution size available
The process can be done for both front and back cameras. Depending on the brand of the phone, settings may differ.
Swap internet connection
If your internet connection speed is slow while you try to upload an image, the photo may look blurry. Ensure the internet connection remains uninterrupted until the photograph is successfully uploaded on Facebook.
Swap the Wi-Fi to your cellular connection or vice-versa to use the best service available. You can also reset your connection by turning on airplane mode and reverting to normal after a few moments.
To turn on airplane mode, swipe down the top of the screen and select Quick Settings. Find Airplane Mode and turn it on. The Airplane Mode option may also be available when you swipe down the top drawer. After a few moments, turn off the Airplane Mode. Wait till your phone is reconnected to the internet. Upload the pictures when you have a stable connection.
A software issue may cause issues while uploading pictures. The same can be easily sorted if the Facebook app is updated to the latest version. To update Facebook, go to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store app. Search Facebook and choose the app from the results. Update the app if an update is available. A green Update button indicates that there is an update available for the app
Turn off date saving mode
- Open the Settings app
- Go to Network and Internet
- Click on Data Saver
- Toggle off the position for Data Saver
Suggested read: Know How to Create an Album on Facebook
We hope you are now able to upload high-quality photographs on Facebook to preserve treasured memories. Let us know in the comment section below if you know how to fix blurry pictures on Facebook 2023 in any other way. Share this article with others if you found it useful.