Our mobile phones are our lifeline. Our dependency on it is not a topic of discussion – it helps us stay connected with the world, allows us to check official mails, shop groceries, attend virtual calls, participate in online classes, the list is endless. And, while it helps us in almost everything we do, it can be quite dangerous to use mobile phones while driving.
Apple CarPlay is a smarter, safer way to use your iPhone while driving. In short, Apple CarPlay allows the driver to safely use apps, call friends and family, and integrate your favourite music, shows, and podcasts into your car. Users can get directions, make calls, send and receive messages, and enjoy their favourite music while on the go.
What is Apple CarPlay?
Apple pronounces Apple CarPlay as the ultimate co-pilot. CarPlay with Siri voice control is specially crafted for driving scenarios. The best part, it works pretty fine with your vehicle’s controls — knobs, buttons, and touchscreen. Also, the apps themselves have been reimagined for the car, so you can use them while your eyes and hands stay where they belong.
Apple CarPlay Google Maps
If you are wondering, ‘can you use Google Maps on Apple CarPlay?’, then the answer is affirmative. Google Maps is now compatible with CarPlay Dashboard on all CarPlay supported vehicles globally. Launching Google Maps will open it immediately on CarPlay as the navigation app.
You Might Also Like: Is iPhone 13 Ready To Make Grand Entry?
Apple CarPlay Supported Apps
Here are some of the best Apple CarPlay supported apps you can take full advantage of:
- News+ – This Apple app has an incredibly diverse collection of the world’s best publications. V
- Podcasts: Free audio stories that entertain, inform, and inspire.
- iHeartRadio: It is indeed a great way to discover AM and FM radio stations from around the globe. If you want to listen to your favorite podcast or check out the latest sports scores, this app has you covered.
- Waze: Waze is a navigation app, but one which relies heavily on crowd-sourced information to help warn you of incidents and traffic jams, and offer handy alternate routes.
- Dash Radio: A free, digital broadcasting platform that features 24/7 livestreaming with popular DJs, personalities, and curators on over 75 original ad-free stations.
- Overcast: A myriad of welcome features, including voice boost and smart speed, the latter of which allows you to speed up conversations without distorting the audio.
- Audiobooks.com: Download audiobooks straight to your iPhone without having to sync with your computer
- Audible: Purchase audiobooks from amazon
- Pandora: Play music you enjoy without needing input from you while you drive
- LiveXLive: A music streaming app, combining audio and video.
- VOX: An excellent alternative to Spotify and Apple Music, especially if you prefer keeping your music collection on your device.
- NPR One: Listen to shows and podcasts from NPR and local public radio.
- Downcast: Simple to use podcast player.
- Radio Disney: Enjoy your favorite pop and Country music.
- Amazon: Build your shopping cart without having to worry about missing anything out
- SiriusXM Radio: When bad weather or other phenomena obscure the sky, you can still listen via your cellular data connection.
CarPlay supports other apps on your iPhone — like your favourite audio, messaging, and voice apps, along with apps in new categories, like third-party parking, EV charging, and quick food-ordering apps.
Stay tuned to this space for latest updates. Sign in for our news letter to get daily news delivered to your mailbox.