Wondering if you can install Google Chrome on Android TV? Well, the answer is Yes! You can install Google Chrome for Android TV by following these simple steps.
Here are the different methods you can use to install Google Chrome for Android TV:
Use PC to Install Google Chrome for Android TV
- Go to Google Play Store, the official store to download all the apps on your Android TV. With the help of the Play Store, one can easily install apps on the Android TV.
- Open the web browser on your computer and go to play.google.com. Log in with the same account on both the computer and the Android TV.
- The next step is to Search for a Chrome browser in the search bar and opens the app page.
- Click the Install button and the page would ask you to select the device on which you want to install the browser.
- Select your Android TV from the list to install the browser on your TV.
When using PC to install the app, remember that you will only be able to download the apps which have been optimised for your Android TV.
Use Voice Commands to Install Google Chrome for Android TV
- Latest Android TV sport voice command feature for easy navigation. To install a Google Chrome browser, activate the Assistant and say ‘launch or install’ followed by the app name.
- It will open Play Store from where you can install the web browser.
- Confirm by pressing the Install button using the remote.
- The app will be installed and can be located in the app drawer.
You Might Also Like: You Can Now Cast Google Meet On Android TV
Use Flash Drive to Install Google Chrome on Android TV
Slightly complicated can the above two methods on how to install Google Chrome on Android TV, using this method will help in installing not only Chrome but also different browsers on your Android TV. Follow this step-by-step method to install Google Chrome on Android TV.
- Install ES File Explorer on your Android TV from the Play Store. All you must do is go to the Google Play Store to install the app.
- The next step is to launch the app from the drawer.
- Then, download the APK for the web browser. You can use APK mirror or any other website to download the APK package of any web browser on your PC.
- Once the APK file has been downloaded, copy the file to a flash drive and connect it to the Android TV.
- Next step is to open ES File Explorer and select the USB drive and navigate to the file.
- Click the Chrome APK using the remote and diligently follow all instructions to install the APK on your Android TV. At this point, you might be asked to grant an exception to ES File Explorer and allow the installation of the app from unknown sources. The option is generally available in Settings.
- Open the Settings on Android TV and navigate to Security and Restrictions. You’ll find the option ‘Unknown Sources’. Enable the apps to grant access to let them sideload apps.
Sideloading apps on Android TV don’t always display the app icons in the app drawer. To get around this problem, you can install another app that lets you see the app icons of sideloaded apps as well. Install Sideload Launcher from the Play Store. The app is designed for Android TV so there won’t be any hiccups. Once you have installed the Sideload Launcher, you will see the Chrome browser. Click on the app icon and open the sideloaded Chrome Browser. Now you can set up the browser here and can simply log in with your account to sync the history, bookmarks, and saved passwords.
You Might Also Like: Chromecast with Google TV India: The Best Streaming Stick
We hope this article will help you install Google Chrome for Android TV. Write to us if you are still not able to install the web browser on Android TV. Sign in for our newsletter to get daily updates delivered to your mailbox.