Wondering how to enable back tap on your iPhone? Want to take a screenshot without using any buttons? Is it possible? Well, yes it is. Here is how to use back tap feature in iOS 14.
Apple’s iOS 14 update has come with a new accessibility feature -Back Tap. The latest feature allows iPhone owners to perform certain actions on their phone simply by tapping on the back of their device two or three times. Users can take a screenshot or launch a shortcut without having to use any buttons.With the new back tap feature in iOS 14, the entire rear panel of an iPhone transforms into a big touch-sensitive button, thus letting Apple users interact with their phone like never before.Furthermore, along with the available actions present in the Back Tap menu, the feature also works well with Apple’s Shortcuts app. It is also useful for launching Siri shortcuts, which lets you launch a chain of actions with a single command.The advantage here is that it now makes it possible to assign almost any action that is available as a shortcut on the internet.
How to Use Back Tap feature in iOS 14 iPhone
Follow these simple instructions to activate the back tap feature on Ios 14.
- Go to the Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and go to Accessibility.
- On the next screen, right under the Physical and Motor, tap Touch.
- Once through, scroll to the end to go to Back Tap.
- At this step you will be presented with two options — Double Tap and Triple Tap.
- Now you can assign any action that is available in the list. For instance, you can begin by setting the Double Tap action to take a quick screenshot or to launch Siri. The Triple Tap action, on the other hand, works perfectly well if you want to access the Control Centre.
- Once you have successfully assigned the actions, the next step is to exit the Settings.
- Voila! You are now ready to use the back tap feature on any iOS 14 iPhone.
Also Read: Google Mocks Apple Over This iOS 14 feature
PS: Back Tap feature will only work on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max. Also, this feature is yet not available on the iPad and we aren’t even sure if it will be soon available.
Stay tuned to this page for latest updates on the Back Tap feature. Write to us if you need assistance with anything. Our team of technical wizards would be happy to assist and answer all your queries.