Over time people end up downloading many apps on their iPhones that they do not continue to use. It is not prudent to crowd the device with unnecessary apps. However, it is also understandable that there is not enough time to go through each app to identify the redundant apps and delete them. Thus, we came up with a guide on how to mass delete apps on iPhone.
Read more: 4 Easy Ways to Lock Apps On iPhone
How to mass delete apps on iPhone?
For iOS 12 and older
- Tap and hold the app icon you want to delete
- The app would start jiggling and the X icon would appear at the top-left of all the apps on the home screen
- Tap on the X of all the app icons you want to delete one by one
- Once you have deleted the apps, go back to normal view by pressing the Home icon
Watch this YouTube video:
For iOS 13
- Tap and hold the app icon you want to remove
- A list menu would appear
- Choose Delete App
- Alternatively choose the Edit Home Screen option to delete multiple apps
- When you choose the Edit Home Screen, the X icon would appear beside all apps
- Tap the X on all the apps you want to get rid of
- Once finished, click on Done
How to mass delete apps on iPhone using the Settings app?
- Go to Settings
- Choose General
- Select iPhone/iPad Storage
- A list of apps with their sizes and other info would appear on the screen
- Choose the apps one after another to delete them
Unfortunately, you cannot remove all apps at once like before using iTunes. If you are still wondering how to mass delete apps on iPhone, you may use third-party paid apps like iCareFone Cleaner, iMazing, etc. Share this article with others if you found it useful. Guide our readers by commenting below if you know any other way to remove multiple apps together from an iPhone.
Also read: Here’s How to Delete Hidden Apps on iPhone Easily!