You may want to know how to find someone on Facebook using a picture because searching by name is not helping much. Since there are many people by the same name it becomes impossible to find someone from the list offered by Facebook when you run a search. Thus, if you have an image, you can try to find the exact person you are looking for. There are a few different ways to accomplish the same which will be discussed in the article.
How to Find Someone on Facebook Using a Picture?
- Go to the Google images page from your browser
- Locate the picture on your device whose Facebook profile you want to find
- Drag and drop the image on the search bar of the Google images page
- Google will start searching for it
- The resulting page will have all the profiles using the image and the websites they are on.
- You may find the same picture in different profiles or websites because sometimes people have multiple accounts but the same image. At other times fake accounts are created without the permission of the said person.
- Identify the real profile and contact the profile owner if that is what you wanted to do
Using Photo ID
If the photo that you came across has been downloaded from Facebook initially, then the following method will work:
- Find the file name of the image
- The image will have ‘fb’ in the name
- There will be three sets of numbers, each separated by periods. Locate the middle set, which will also be underlined
- This number set is the Facebook profile ID of the user
- Type in the URL; https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=(Type the profile ID number)
- Press enter and the FB profile of the image owner will open
Based on the privacy settings of the FB user, this method comes with certain limitations. But you can still give it a try.
Using Reverse Image Search
- Visit images.google.com
- Click on the Camera icon alongside the search bar
- Upload the exact picture from your gallery
- Press enter and you will be shown results matching the picture
To get custom results, change the keyword to site: facebook.com. This will show images from Facebook only making the profile ID search easier.
Using the TinEye Method
This is similar to Google’s reverse image search.
- Visit the TinEye website
- Copy the URL of the image and paste in the search box of TinEye or upload the image from your gallery onto the website
- Press Enter
- You will be given links to all the websites and profiles using the image
Using Bing Reverse Image Search
- Open Bing search engine and click on IMAGES
- Click on the camera icon and upload the picture
- Press Enter
- All the information related to the image will be given to you
- You can also paste the URL of the picture to make the search
- If you click on the Visual Search option and get help with the reverse search for any part of the image uploaded
Using Mobile App
Look for mobile apps on Play Store or App Store that offer reverse image search. Download the one that looks good enough to get the work done. Upload the image and scan the source across various search engines. You will get results of similar images online.
Hope your search for how to find someone on Facebook using a picture has ended with the different ways to do so as mentioned in this article. If you are aware of any other process of finding a person on Facebook, share with us which will help the community at large.