You may have suddenly remembered an old Instagram account that you no longer use. Certainly, you would want to delete the same lest it goes to the wrong hands. There is a strong possibility that you have forgotten the login credentials. Do not worry as we got you covered. This article will walk you through how to delete Instagram account without password, email, and phone number.
How to delete Instagram account without password, email, and phone number?
Before you can delete your Instagram account, you need to log into it. Here are a few methods to get you inside your account followed by the process to delete the same.
1. Recover through Facebook– This method is possible only if you had accessed the Instagram account via Facebook. Here are a few simple steps to follow:
- Open Instagram
- Choose the ‘Log in with Facebook’ option found below the ‘Log In’ tab
- If you are already logged into Facebook, you would see ‘Continue as Your Name’, click on it
- Go to the Settings and click on Security
- Click on Password and choose the option to reset using Facebook
- Enter the Facebook password followed by resetting your Instagram password
2. Report your profile– This is a different approach to getting your account deleted. Incidentally, Instagram allows people to report any profile or content that violates community guidelines. When the platform finds a legit complaint, it would terminate the account. Take advantage of this feature to report your profile in the following way:
- Open your web browser and type your username in the search bar
- Visit the profile and click on the three dots
- Click on Report followed by Report Account
- Choose ‘It’s pretending to be someone else’ as the cause of reporting
- Tap on ‘Me’ and press Next
You have successfully reported your profile. However, it is to be noted that Instagram would not block the account instantly. It needs multiple reports to take action. Hence, get your friends and family to report the profile to make Instagram take immediate note.
3. Seek help from the Instagram support team– If none of the methods seem to help, ask the Instagram support center for assistance. Given below how it is to be done:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your situation in details
- Keep sending emails until you receive a response
- A code will be sent to you
- The team might ask you to send your photo with a piece of paper with the code written on it
- If the team finds the information reliable and authentic, you would recover your account
Delete your Instagram account
Once you get access to your account you can easily delete the same. Here is how:
- Go to the Delete Your Account page once you have logged in
- Choose an option from the drop-down menu beside the ‘Why are you deleting your account?’ option to state your reason
- Re-enter your password
- Choose ‘Permanently delete my account’
Instagram will delete the account and all data within it after 30 days of your request.
Watch this YouTube video:
Apart from deleting your old account, if you want to go on a social media detox, you may start by deleting your Instagram account by following the methods mentioned. Did you find this article on how to delete Instagram account without password useful? If yes, please share with others to help them with the information.