Have you been getting a ‘your account has been temporarily locked’ message on your Instagram? Do you want to fix temporarily locked Instagram account? We got you covered!
Instagram can lock your account temporarily. Here are a few reasons.
- “Bot-like” activity
Typically, Instagram keeps a tab for actions being performed too quickly per hour and every 24 hours. Few activities mentioned below are performed at a fast rate and will be considered ‘bot activity’ which will compel Instagram to lock your account temporarily.
- Liking and un-liking pictures quickly
- Following and following several users
- Commenting too quickly
- Posting the same comment several times
- Third-party apps
Use of certain apps on Instagram can result in a breach of their Terms and Conditions. While not all apps are banned, you need to get an approval process for a few apps to access them. That said, the apps that help automate actions are easily detected by Instagram and prohibited.
Bots hamper the user experience and as Instagram does not encourage this, any account found using them will be locked.
- Phished Account details
Hackers can access your account details using fraudulent websites. If you have accidentally submitted your Instagram credentials by signing into a log-in screen that looked like Instagram’s but wasn’t, you probably have given away your credentials.
This activity will affect your account and allow hackers to access your details easily. However, it will trigger a red flag with Instagram and your account will be locked.
How to fix a temporarily locked Instagram account without email?
To unlock your locked account, you need to submit the “My Instagram account has been deactivated form”. Follow the steps.
1. Open the My Instagram account has been deactivated form or type “My Instagram account has been deactivated” search in Google, and select the Facebook result.
2. Next, complete the form and enter the email address linked to the Instagram account you want to unlock.
3. Do mention that your account was blocked mistakenly and that you haven’t violated any of the user guidelines.
4. Next, click on the “Send” button.
5. You will receive a reply asking you to send your photo holding a piece of paper with the code they have sent you. Make sure your picture is natural with a clear face and paper without any Photoshop editing. Instagram can reject the photo if they believe it’s not you.
6. You need to wait for some time after you have sent your photo.
7. Next, you will receive a confirmation that your account has been unlocked from Instagram. The approval time may take a few days to a few weeks.
With these seven easy steps, you can fix temporarily locked Instagram account. However, if Instagram does not respond, you can process the appeal again. Do let us know your experience in the comment section below.