At some point in time, you may need to remove your Google account from your device. The reason could be a change of phone, loss of the device, getting a new account, or just too many Google accounts on one device. Thus, whether you are using an iOS or Android device, it is better to know how to remove Google account from phone to perform the process when needed.
Also read: Here’s How to Remove Google Account from Mi Phone
How to remove Google account from phone?
- Open the Settings app on your device
- Click on Accounts or Users and Accounts
- Tap on the Google account you want to remove
- Hit Remove account
If you are removing the only Google account or all accounts from your device, you need to enter the lock pin, password, or pattern of the phone. It is to be noted that removing all accounts would restrict all access to the Google Play Store.
Since all phones have different settings, the screens of your phone may vary from what is shown above. So, you may need to peruse a bit to get to the right screens. However, they should be similar and therefore easy to get through.
If you are using the Gmail app then you need to do the following:
- Open the Gmail app
- Go to the Menu
- Click on Manage Accounts
- Choose Edit
- Hit Remove next to the Google account you want to get rid of
- Confirm your choice
- Choose Done on the top left
If you are using the Safari app to access your Google account then you have to do the following:
- Open the Safari app
- Visit google.com
- Sign out from the account by tapping on your profile icon if not already done
- Select Sign in and then choose Sign in with a different account
- Hit Remove and choose the account you want to remove
- Choose Done
If you have added the Google account to the settings of the device and using it with the native Mail app of iPhone, then follow the given process:
- Open the Settings app
- Go to Passwords & Accounts section
- Tap on the account you want to remove from the list of available accounts displayed on the screen
- Click on Delete Account and then hit Delete from My iPhone when the option appears
How to remove Google account from phone remotely?
If you have lost your phone and do not want anybody else to access your Google account, you can remove the account remotely as well. Here is how it is done:
- Sign in to your Google account from any device
- Go to Settings
- Click on the Gmail account you want to remove
- Select Manage your Google Account
- Head to the Security tab
- Find Your devices and click on Manage devices
- The list of devices would appear that are signed in with your Google account
- Find the device from where you want to remove the account
- Go to Account Access
- Click on Remove
Watch this YouTube video:
Write to us in the comments section below if you know how to remove Google account from phone in a different way. If you found this article useful, share it with others.