Bought a new phone or selling your old one? Want to remove Google account from Mi phone without losing data? Wondering how to remove Google account from Android phone? Well, the process is very simple. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to remove Google account from Mi phone
How to remove Google account from Mi phone
Before we tell you how to remove Google account from Mi phone, it is important to note that removing a Google account from an Android phone is not same as deleting it. Instead, it only removes access, and can be restored again. Whenever you remove Google Account from Mi phone, you will automatically lose any information stored through the account including mails, contact details, and all custom settings.
To begin with, create a back up before removing Google account from Mi Phone, Then follow these simple steps:
- Go to Settings icon
- Open the Settings tab and tap on “Accounts”
- Click on “More”
- Tap the account you want to remove and then click “Remove Account” and once again click Remove account button to delete Chosen account
- Click on the “Ok” button to conform Google account removal
If you plan to remove the only Google account from your Mi phone, then you will have to enter the password or PIN to access the same. Remember, if you only have one Google account that you plan to remove, you will, in that case, also lose access to Google Play Store.
Check Out: Gmail New Update: New Button to Save Photos from Gmail to Google Photos
How to remove a non-default account from Mi phone
Follow the below steps if you want to remove a non-default account:
- Go to Settings> Users and Accounts> Automatically Sync Data> Select OFF
- Go to Settings>Storage> Apps>Application manager/ Apps and notifications/System Apps/X/ >> Google play store > Clear data
- Go Settings>Google Play services >Manage space > Clear data
- Go to Settings> users and Accounts> Account name> Remove Account
- Reboot the device
- Go to Settings > Google / Backup / Backup & Reset> Select Backup Account
Finish the process to remove all accounts from the device.
Also Read: How to Use Two Google Pay Apps in One Phone
We hope you will now be able to remove Google account from Mi phone. Let us know if you face any difficulty/ies in doing so. Our technical team would be happy to assist.