You can now download Google Drive videos without permission and save them on your device for free. Google Drive is a popular cloud storage service where people share videos but sometimes they hide the download button making them available in view-only mode. This makes downloading difficult.
We are here to make things easier for you by sharing a few tricks on downloading Google Drive videos of which you do not have permission. Do not worry, as these methods are really simple and do not involve any complicated process.
How to Download Google Drive Videos without Permission?
Method I: Using Inspect Element
Since the permission to download is not given by the owner, you can grab the View-Only video file and download the same using Chrome Browser Inspect Dev Tool. The step-by-step guide is given below:
- Open Chrome Browser
- Copy-Paste the Google Drive sharing URL and let the page load
- Press Cmd + Shift + C for Mac and Ctrl + Shift + C for Windows to open Developer Console
- Click on the video file to play once the Dev Tools are opened
- Click on Networks Tab
- Type ‘videoplayback’ in the filter search box to filter the video URL
- Double click on the URL shown under the name section
- A new tab will open
- Click on the three vertical dots
- Press the Download button to Save the File
Method II: Using Browser Extension
Browser Extensions can also be used to download the restricted Google Drive video directly. The step-by-step guide is given below:
- Download any extension like Video Downloader Pro
- Add it to Chrome Browser
- Open Google Drive Video URL
- Play the video and the Extension will soon indicate that a video file is detected
- Click on the extension to download the video
Method III- Using Video Downloader for Android
You can download the view-only video directly on any Android device as well. The step-by-step guide is given below:
- Download any extension like 1DM on your Android device
- Grant permission and click on the Browser icon
- Copy-Paste the shared URL and press enter
- The Google Drive preview page will show up
- Click on the video play button and a download indicator will be shown on top
- Click on it and it will display the detected file
- Tap on it and click on the Start button to download the video
Here is a small YouTube video that you can check out to see how it is done.
So, you see how effortlessly you can download and save view-only videos. Once you know how it is done the process becomes easier. Validate the tricks we shared on how to download Google Drive videos without permission and let us know which trick you found the easiest to do. If you know any other way to download view-only videos from Google Drive enlighten us in the comments section below. In case, you have further questions or need additional support with any of the methods, we are here to help.