Android is surely the most populating operating system across the globe. Latest Android phones are loaded with several secret features that many of us aren’t even aware of. In fact, there are so many features built into Android OS, while extra add-ons are embedded by the OEMs, that can be easily accessed from the Settings menu. Here are some of the useful secret Android phone features you will love.
Split Screen for Multi-tasking
If you have an Android phone, you can run two applications simultaneously. Yes, you read that right. The split-screen secret Android phone feature makes it convenient for users to attend a Zoom meeting and at the same time open spreadsheets, mail important documents, and so on.
The split-screen mode works on smartphones running Android 9 Pie or newer.
To enable the secret Android feature:
- Open the app you’d like to use in split-screen mode.
- Now, enter the recent apps screen simply by pressing the recent button if you are using 3-buttons. In case your phone is running on Android 10, then simply swipe up from the home bar to enable gestures navigation.
- Here, from the recent apps screen, you can view and select the app that you wish to run on the second screen of the split-screen view. To do so, press and hold on the three-dot kebab menu on the right-hand side of the app to select “split-screen”
- Voila! You can now open any other secondary app from the recent menu or from the home screen to view it in a split-screen view.
You Might Also Like: Top Android 11 Features We Bet You’ll Love
Lock Unwanted People Out of Specific Apps
Nobody likes to share their data with other people. If you want, this secret Android phone feature enables you to block unwanted intruders out from checking your Gmail or photo gallery. Use Screen Pinning to keep apps locked. These apps cannot be opened until the code is entered. To enable the screen pinning feature:
- Go to Settings> Security> turn on Screen Pinning.
- After turning it on, open the app, your friend/ loved one asked for.
- Open the recent apps screen by simply clicking on the square button below the phone screen. Here, you will see a Pin icon.
- Tap on the icon on the lower right corner that resembles a pin and is pinned to the front.
Enable Smart Lock
It is extremely important to keep your Android smartphone secure. If you are fully dependent on your phone for daily workings, then the Smart Lock feature is right for you. The Smart Lock feature keeps your handset unlocked under certain trusted conditions so that you can unlock the screen without any authentication. For instance, you can have your smartphone set to swipe open at home. However, when in some other area, the phone will automatically ask for a PIN, or secret key lock.
Google’s Android 10 release came with an unexpected gem in- a secret Android phone feature that can be super useful for everyone. Live Caption is super handy for practically anyone on a day-to-day basis as it allows users to see what a video or podcast is saying without having to have any audible sound playing from the device itself.
To enable, simply tap a little box hiding beneath the volume controls whenever any kind of media is playing on the smartphone.
At times, we just want a break and want to stay away from the numerous notifications the zillion apps installed in the phone throws at us. To get the much-needed break from a specific app’s interruptions, Android has a secret feature that allows you to pause a specific app on-demand and silence it until further notice.
To enable, simply press and hold your finger onto any app’s icon on the home screen and click on the “Pause app” option.
So, what do you think of these secret Android features? How many were you aware of? Let us know any tricks that you are aware of. Drop-in your comments and sign in for our newsletter for more such handy tips.