You may or may not have deleted your Snapchat account by choice. However, at this time, you want to get it back but you do not know how. Well, you do not have any reason to worry about this we would help you to recover deleted Snapchat account. Not only that, you will find important information with tips and tricks for other related things.
How to recover deleted Snapchat account?
Here are the steps to recover your deleted Snapchat account:
- Open the Snapchat app
- Click on ‘Log In’
- Enter the correct username and password of your deleted account
- Press ‘Log In’ again
- Click on ‘Yes’ when a popup menu appears saying if you would like to reactivate your account
- Press ‘Ok’ on the next popup message screen
- You will receive an email with the confirmation of your account being reactivated.
You may find this article interesting: Snapchat for Web is Finally Out!
How to recover a Snapchat account if you have forgotten the password?
Forgetting the password is a very common issue for anything that requires being logged in. Thus, it is not unusual to forget your Snapchat account password. Learn how to reset or change the password below:
- Open the app
- Try to log in using your credentials
- As you probably would be unable to log in, click on the ‘Forgot your Password’ option
- Decide the means you want to recover the account, i.e. whether by using the phone number or email id
- Enter your email id if you choose that option and click on the ‘Submit’ button
- Click on the link send to your email id to reset the password
- If you choose to recover using your phone number, then enter the same and select whether you want the verification to be done by ‘SMS’ or ‘Call’
- Accordingly, you will receive the option to recover the account
Watch this YouTube video for a better understanding:
How to recover a stolen or hacked Snapchat account?
If you are certain that your account has been hacked or stolen and the person accessing it has changed the password then you need to Contact Snapchat Help. Fill out the necessary details in the form and somebody from Snapchat will respond.
However, if that person has changed the password as well as the recovery email id then nothing can be done. Thus, it is extremely crucial to secure your account.
Also read: How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Account
How to secure your Snapchat account?
Within a few minutes, you can have a secured Snapchat account which would be severely difficult for somebody to hack. Here are the ways to ensure your account’s security:
1. Keep phone number and email id always updated
Go to ‘Settings’ and ensure that the phone number, email id, and recovery email id are updated. It is better to do this while creating the account or at least after you have managed to recover your Snapchat account.
2. Enable two-factor authentication
This is the best option to secure your account completely. The process is given below:
- Open Snapchat
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Tap on ‘Two-Factor Authentication’
- Click on ‘Continue’
- Finish the setup to secure the account fully
3. Use a strong password
This is applicable for anything that needs a login. Using a strong combination as the password is hard to crack even for seasoned hackers. Make your password combining various random letters in both cases, numbers, and special characters. Note the password somewhere so that you can check it if you forget.
Interesting Read: How to Delete Snapchat Account Permanently on Android and iOS?
Hope you have been able to recover deleted Snapchat account by now. You should know that recovery is possible within 30 days of account deletion or deactivation. You would not be able to recover the account if the stipulated time has passed. Thus, you better hurry if you want to save your account. Share this article on your social media if you found it useful.