To verify your account on youtube studio, you have to enter your country name and phone number, Youtube will send a verification code via text or call and it’s done. From 2020 onwards Youtube locked some features under phone verification, before that these features used to be supported by creator studio classic. But now it has been removed and all work is done on the new Youtube studio. Hang on to know how to verify an account on youtube studio.
Features you can use after account verification on Youtube
- Custom thumbnails
- Live stream
- Videos longer than 15 min
- Appeal for Content ID claims
Steps to know how to verify an account on youtube studio
- Search www.youtube.com on the browser
- Log in to your account, if it’s not logged in already
- Open the menu from the three dots available at the top right corner of the screen (for those who are doing it on their phones) > Tap on the option ‘desktop site’
- Again go to the top right corner of the screen, tap on your logo > choose the YT studio option
- Once YT studio opens > Tap on the settings icon > Under ‘General’ choose ‘Channel’
- Under channel further, choose ‘Feature Eligibility’ > Locate and choose ‘Features that require phone verification
- You will find a blue button that says ‘phone verification’ > Tap on it
- You will be redirected to another page, in which you have to fill in ‘Country’ > Further it will ask you to choose between ‘Call me with an automated voice message’ or ‘Text me the verification code
- Now enter your correct phone number in the box below > Tap on ‘Submit’
- You will receive an OTP or a voice message on your phone (according to what you chose) > Submit it on another page
- Once done, your verification process will be completed. Now go back to your channel and see all the phone verification features are now available for use.
Why is phone number verification
Through phone number verification, YouTube ensures community safety and prevents abuse.
Note: One phone number can not be used for more than 2 channels/per year. Also, don’t worry your personal information is safe with YT.
In case you don’t receive the verification code
In that case, you can again try to request for verification code. In case you chose text code and it didn’t work, then next time go for the voice call. There are three reasons behind all this, they are as follows:
- Maybe your number is from a country or region, where they don’t support messages from Google. In this case, you can either choose a different number or next time choose the voice call option
- Maybe the number you are trying to use has already been used for 2 channels. In this case, you should try with a different number
- Or maybe your message delivery was late, because of a densely populated area, or due to an ill-maintained network you are using. In this case try waiting for 1-2 minutes, if it doesn’t work, go for the voice call option.
Now that you know how to verify an account on youtube studio, you should immediately verify your Youtube account and enjoy the unlocked features from today. Was it helpful? tell us in the comment section.