With Apple CarPlay in your vehicle, you can make calls, get directions, enjoy music, and send or receive texts via Siri. However, to take full advantage of the built-in infotainment display in your vehicle, you need to connect it to your iPhone. So, do you want to know how to connect Apple CarPlay?
How to connect Apple CarPlay?
- Connect your iPhone to the USB data port of the car using the USB-A or USB-C Lightning cable
- Unlock your device
- A popup would be displayed to enable or disable Apple CarPlay
- Allow it
- Look for the CarPlay logo on your device
- Go to Settings
- Click on General
- Choose CarPlay
- Select your car from the list under Available Cars
- Hold the CarPlay Home button on the infotainment touchscreen if Apple CarPlay does not launch automatically
- Touch the Voice Control button on the steering wheel
- As soon as Siri appears, you would be ready to use the features available for Apple CarPlay
- The screen would display all the accessible iPhone apps when the Apple CarPlay is active
How to connect Apple CarPlay wirelessly?
This option is available for selected iPhones and cars. In case your vehicle and device offer this option, you can do the following:
- Use Bluetooth to connect or pair your device to the infotainment system of the car
- Follow the prompts as they appear on the phone and the vehicle’s touchscreen to initiate a wireless Apple CarPlay session
Some vehicles may ask you if you want to enable wireless Apple CarPlay in the future when you connect using a Lighting cable. If you agree to the option, your device would automatically connect with Apple CarPlay wirelessly when you get into the car next time.
How to exit Apple CarPlay?
- Press the Home button to exit Apple CarPlay
- Touch the Apple CarPlay icon or press and hold the Home button to return to Apple CarPlay
Watch this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAhMQiyHWd0
If you found the information on how to connect Apple CarPlay useful, share it with others. Let us know in the comment section below if you would like to get information on more such topics.