Listen as audio
Thanks to the user friednly interface of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation or IRCTC, it is now simple to book rail tickets for travel.
Use your mobiles to access the IRCTC app or website and make bookings from the comfort of your home. However, when it comes to understanding how to cancel train ticket in irctc app, you might not be aware of the rules and steps to follow. Being unaware of the cancellation rules in relation to the tickets being of confirmed status or waitlisted or even RAC could leave you in a lurch.
How to cancel train ticket in irctc app?
Online tickets that you book via the IRCTC portal are cancellable online until the point of chart preparation. Here are the steps that answer how to cancel train ticket in irctc app-
- Visit official website of the Indian Railways at www.irctc.co.in
- Click on ‘Booked Tickets’. Make the selection using passenger name.
- You will receive a cancellation online and its refund will get credited into your linked bank account post mandatory deductions, as applicable.
How to cancel train ticket in irctc app partially?
If you cancel an e-reservation partially, be sure to take out a reservation slip just like you did for the original. To do so, follow the process of a fresh booking as below-
- Use your IRCTC user id plus password to lpg in on website or app.
- On ‘Plan my journey’ select ‘Train Ticketing’.
- Key in details and book. Confirm the details and pay using credit or debit card or UPI /Paytm
Post booking, you get a reservation message having full details for the tickets. This include the PNR, train details and so on. Showing just this reservation message on your mobile for travel purpose suffices.