Do you want to disconnect Instagram from Facebook? We got you covered! In this post, we share easy steps that you can follow and unlink your accounts easily.
There’s no denying that linking your Instagram and Facebook accounts offers several advantages. One of the main advantages being you can post Instagram photos to your Facebook profile easily. Additionally, your Facebook friends can find your Instagram profile easily while you can find out which of your Facebook friends are on Instagram.
Read more: Why Instagram is Better Than Facebook?
How to disconnect Instagram from Facebook?
Firstly, open your Instagram account on your phone and then follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open your profile by tapping the icon with your profile picture at the bottom of your screen
- Next, tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner
- Next, click on “Settings”
- Tap on the Accounts Center option set in blue fonts
- You should now see the accounts and profiles that are linked to one another just above Manage Connected Experiences.
- Next, tap on profiles
- Select the Facebook profile. You should now see the “Remove from Accounts Center” option in red fonts. Tap on it.
- This will disconnect your Instagram account from Facebook
Once you disconnect your account, any new posts that you share on Instagram will not reflect on Facebook. Also, your Facebook friends will not be prompted to follow you on Instagram when they log into the app.
Benefits of having separate Facebook and Instagram accounts
The main advantage of disconnecting your Instagram accounts from Facebook is that it allows you to have a new profile. Moreover, having separate accounts will help you follow new people without Facebook always trying to suggest your Facebook friends to you.
The decision to sync or disconnect Instagram from Facebook is completely your decision. Both social networks have their pros and cons and you can decide what you want to get out of the two social networks. Follow the above-mentioned steps to unlink your accounts and share your experience in the comment section below.