Are you wondering how to talk to Siri on Android? Siri is probably the best digital personal assistant for smartphones that one can have. However, it is only available on Apple iPhones. And the same is not available for Android devices. But the question is can you create a Siri-like experience on your Android device? The answer is No again, unfortunately. This is because there is no app inbuilt or that could be downloaded from the Play Store with the ability to handle a variety of requests like Siri using free-form natural language.
How to Talk to Siri on Android?
Although Siri may not be available on Android devices it is possible to get a great deal of Siri’s functionality through different apps. Some functions may even be better than what Siri has to offer. Android has a variety of options for voice assistants that you can use as an alternative to Siri. Some of the popular ones are mentioned below:
- Alexa: Alexa by Amazon is the voice of the Echo series, which comes with Amazon’s Fire tablets and other devices. It can also be downloaded and run on Android devices.
- Bixby: It is Samsung’s very own virtual assistant. It is built into many Samsung smartphones and can be installed on Android devices also through an app.
- Cortana: Microsoft developed Cortana for Windows Phone OS but is now available for use on different platforms including iOS and Android.
- Hound: It is a fantastic tool if you want just a voice-activated search tool. It understands extremely complex questions and multi-part questions as well. It is better than many of the available tools and is quite tough to confuse.
- Google Assistant: It works slightly differently than Siri. It mainly tries to learn your habits and adapt them accordingly. For instance, when it learns your commuting pattern, it will offer you traffic details or train schedules before you leave your house. It is built into most Android devices and is available for iOS devices also.
- Robin: It is designed to perform tasks on a phone while driving, like getting directions, finding stores or restaurants, and sending texts.
Beware of Fake Siri Apps
The Google Play Store is full of fake apps named Siri. None of the apps are the original Siri as Apple did not and probably never will launch Siri for Android devices as that would hit the sale of all their smart devices like iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini, etc. These fake apps have voice features and compare themselves to Siri to piggyback on its name recognition and popularity.
We could not tell you how to talk to Siri on Android since Siri is not available on this platform. But now since you know of so many alternatives to digital personal assistants, you can use any of them as per your requirements. Several paid voice or personal assistants are also there that you can subscribe to if you need them. Let us know in the comments section below if you use any other digital personal assistant that you can suggest to all the readers.