It’s a tricky disease condition when it comes to diabetes. Because your minute change in lifestyle easily affects your blood glucose level. But thanks to technology, fortunately there are numerous diabetes health apps with various features to help you keep up with this never ending disease.
Diabetes demands continuous health management, and hence all the diabetes health apps mentioned below have various features you will need for Diabetes management. Although not all apps have all the features, you can expect one app to have enough features according to what you need. Have a look at them.
Diabetes health apps for diabetes management
One of the best Diabetes health apps
- Free app
- Available on Android and iOS
- Maintains all your health record including blood sugar level, carbs level and lab results
- Can update your health worker about your reports
- Keeps record of your blood glucose level
- Schedules diet and suggests recipes
- Reminds you about medication
- Keeps your health care provider updates
- Only available for 17+ users
- You need code access from your healthcare provider
BlueStar is the best health monitoring app for patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. If you are a working person, who is busy in office work but still needs assistance in managing your diabetes. Then BlueStar is the best option
It will give you reminders for your medications, record your blood sugar level, and plan your eating schedule. Healthcare providers prescribe this app to the patient’s so that they can stay in touch with the patient’s health condition. And can give immediate advice in case of emergency.
Medical ID Diabetes health app
- Free as well as premium version available at $6
- Available on Android and iOS
- Separate tool to store emergency information like allergies, medications, blood group, organ donor, emergency contacts
- Displays medical updates from your lock screen
- Best for emergencies as you can access it through lock screen
- App can automatically share location with your emergency contacts
- Already available on iPhones
- Gives information about nearby hospitals
- It includes all health conditions, not just diabetes management
- You need premium version to access better features
This app is more about keeping you safe during health emergencies be it diabetes or any other condition. You select your emergency contacts and this app sends emergency notifications to those contacts.
For example if you get into hypoglycemia where you cannot take care of yourself, then only upon one tap you can send notification to your emergency contacts and they can reach out to you.
Note: this app is not diabetes specific only, it has other medical conditions options also.
- Free as well as premium version available at $3 per month
- Available at Android and iOS
- Monitors your exercises and meals
- Gives private tips on the basis of personal diet and health record
- Helps you in weight loss
- Gives extra Information related to health and diet
- With in app there are communities and members supporting and guiding each other
- App gives you information related to nutritional value of the food you are eating
- Gives suggestions related to better alternatives for the food you are taking
- Premium version has specific tips related to diabetes
- Free version is only for general guidance, not diabetes specific
- It can not keep track of your blood sugar data.
Fooducate is for those users who need diet assistance in their diabetes management. This application offers more than 300,000 food records. On which basis it is efficient enough to guide you for your diet management.
There is a grade system within the app, according to which it grades the nutritional value of your food. Also, if it is not up to the mark then it provides alternatives to what food you should eat for better diabetes management.
Best app for tracking blood sugar
- Free version as well as in-app purchases available
- Tracks your blood sugar data
- Schedules your meals
- 12-week health plan for diabetes management
- Tracks your exercise regime
- Gives you information related to nutrition
- You can print out your data that will help your health provider
- Its premium version ranges from $15 to $60 for one month and gives a free trial for one month.
- Feature of customized service, where you can take personal guidance for nutrition, exercise, diabetes management tips
- Simple and easy to use
- There specific settings for prediabetic, type 1 and 2 diabetes
- Guides you according to your blood sugar level goals
- A library is available for Diabetes management tips
- Can access Apple health app data
- Most expensive on the list
It is the most expensive yet most easy and simple application for diabetes management. It manages all you exercises, medication, diet plan, blood glucose readings, carbohydrates consumption and how you can improve your lifestyle
Not just in-app management, Glucose Buddy also collaborates with Dexcom G5 and G6 so, that it can maintain your blood sugar data to prepare your sugar charts
My fitness pal
Best health app to track your nutrition
- Free as well as premium version available
- Premium version ranges from $20 per month to $80per year
- Available on Android and iOS both
- Activity and meals charting
- Personal guidance on the basis of health data and goals
- Community feature to support each other
- Diet plans
- Carbohydrate intake monitoring
- Database available up to 14milliin of food
- You can scan your food from phone
- A separate dedicated space for workout and recipe ideas
- In detail information related to micronutrients
- Collaborates with upto 50 applications
- Premium version is expensive
- Works only with internet connectivity
My fitness pal has detailed functioning related to your carbs consumption, exercises, water intake and your meal timing. There is a notes feature where you can manually add your sugar level data and insulin injections schedule.
If you are looking specifically for diabetes management then BlueStar is the best Diabetes health app. Otherwise if you are looking for nutrition management for diabetes then MyFitnessPal is the best option. Other than these both apps, there are various other options for more goals including lifestyle, community support and exercises. So you can pick what works for you.
Read More: Top 8 Eye Health Apps That You Can Download