We all are harmless stalkers. In our free time, we love to browse through our contacts, check out their latest pictures, and even love to see their statuses! Guilty, aren’t we all! Well, there is nothing wrong in doing so, but if you don’t want to come across as a desperado, then we have a quick fix for you. Here is how to check WhatsApp status without people knowing.
This is the best and the simplest way to view someone’s WhatsApp status anonymously. Read Receipts are the blue ticks that notify us the receiver has read the messages. However, if you turn off read receipts on your phone, you can view any users WhatsApp status secretly.
Follow these simple steps to check WhatsApp Status posts without them knowing:
- Go to WhatsApp Settings
- Navigate to the Account tab
- Tap Privacy and scroll to the “Read Receipts” option
- Turn it off to stop people from seeing when you saw their chats, as well as WhatsApp Statuses
WhatsApp at times pre-downloads the photos posted in a status, even before you tap on a particular status to view it. In Android, you can view these photos in the “.Statuses directory” of WhatsApp. Here are simple steps to follow:
- Open WhatsApp and visit the Status section.
- Install a file manager app, such as ES File Explorer, on your Android smartphone.
- Turn on the option to show hidden files. In ES File Explorer, this can be done by tapping on Menu from the top left corner, and enable “Show Hidden Files” option.
- Navigate to Internal Storage >> WhatsApp >> Media >> .Statuses and copy the photos to a different location.
- You can now directly open the status photos to view them using the file manager app.
Remember, the view status will remain unseen by you for the particular contact. This method, however, doesn’t work when yoi check text updates, for which you might want to try the next option.
Check WhatsApp Status in Offline Mode
You can also use this particular method to check WhatsApp status updates, without notifying your contacts. However, do note that WhatsApp keeps a tab on the status viewed activities locally, while in offline mode, and can sync them with the servers once you reconnect again..
Therefore, even if you were offline while viewing a status, your contact will eventually be notified of this once you are online again. This method works when you use WhatsApp Web in Incognito mode to view a particular status in offline mode, and then close the browser window before you connect to the Internet.
- Open WhatsApp Web on your web browser in ‘Incognito mode’.
- Go to the Status screen to view the list of contacts who have shared status updates with you.
- Disconnect the Internet connection on your computer.
- With the Internet disconnected, open the status of the particular contact which you wish to see.
- After you have seen the status, close the browser window if you are in Incognito mode, else simply clear your browser data. In case you were in Incognito mode, the session data will be deleted automatically once you close the Windows.
- The final step is to reconnect the Internet back on your computer.
The catch here is that when you turn off read receipts, it will also disable you from tracking users who have viewed your status or checked your messages.