We all store huge amounts of personal data on our smartphones. Today, losing the mobile can be nothing less than a nightmare. Android’s built-in features and a couple of apps allow you to track your phone in the case of any eventuality. Here’s a list of the best mobile tracker with Google Maps.
How to Track Your Mobile with Google Maps
- Find My Device–The ‘Find My Device’ feature on Android phones helps you find and subsequently lock your phone and erase the data on it. Find My Device works only if the phone is turned on, has internet connection and a Google Account signed in. The Location and Find My Device services should also be enabled. To use Find My Device:
- Open android.com/find and log in to your main Google Account.
- Select the phone whose location you want to trace (required in the case of multiple phones using the same user profile).
- This will provide you an approximate idea of the location of the phone on Maps or the last known location, whichever is available. It will also send a notification to that phone.
- You can now choose to Lock your phone and Erase the data. Once the data has been erased, the Google Account will be removed and Find My Device will stop working.
Alternatively, you can download the Find My Device App, sign in using the relevant Google Account and follow the aforementioned steps. It is undoubtedly the best mobile tracker with Google Maps.
You Might Also Like – Just Like Yourself, Your Mobile Also Demands Privacy
- Google Maps App – Google Maps is itself capable of identifying the location and other details of a mobile phone. For this method to work accurately, the location services feature must be enabled and the phone should be switched on. To track the mobile using Google Maps:
- Go to the Google Maps app on your device.
- Open your account by clicking on the icon on the top right side of the window.
- Select ‘Add Another Account’ from the list of options.
- Choose Google Accounts and sign in with the email address of the concerned person whose phone you want to track. This should be the same email address on which the Google Maps of the other phone is running.
- The next step is to open the app again and click on the ‘Account’ icon. Choose the account that you recently added.
- Open the menu and select ‘Your Timeline’. You shall now be able to see the location of the mobile.
- Location Sharing – Another simple way of keeping track of someone’s mobile is by enabling the ‘Location Sharing’ feature in their phone’s Google Maps app. For this:
- Open the app on the other person’s phone and hit the ‘Hamburger’ icon present on the top left side to open the menu. In some versions of the app, you may have to click on the profile icon on the right side to open the menu.
- Select the ‘Location Sharing’ option from the menu.
- Tap on ‘Get Started’ when the pop-up appears on the screen.
- Choose the time period for which you want to enable location sharing. The feature can be used for a fixed period of time or until it is turned off. In the case of the latter, the link shall only be shared as a text message.
- Tap on the contact on which you wish to send the message. A dialogue box asking for permission to ‘Share via link’ will appear. Click on ‘OK’.
- Next, hit ‘Send’ and you will get the link to track the location using Google Maps.
Check Out – Google Maps Can Protect You From COVID-19
Mobile Tracker Apps to Try
There is a plethora of other apps that claim to trace mobile numbers and location of phones.
This is the most renowned phone number tracker app in the market. By making an account on this app, users can track the identity of the caller and their possible location by entering the phone number.
This is a great location tracking app that facilitates private location sharing information between phones. It sends alerts when a person with a linked mobile arrives/leaves a destination or is anywhere nearby.
Similar to iSharing, this app allows tracing phones of family members via a private family map. The real time location can be shared for coordinating with each other and also for locating a lost phone.
This is a phone number tracker website that tells the approximate location of a mobile. It provides information about the operator as well as the circle of the mobile number using the first few digits.
There are other apps like Spyic, mSpy, iKey Monitor, etc. that can trace mobile numbers and monitor the activity on a phone. Note that tracking someone’s mobile without their knowledge is not allowed. It is advisable to not indulge in such practices and use only fair ways to trace phones for legitimate reasons.