Almost everybody uses smartphones or at least a mobile phone these days. More often than not the more expensive the phone is the better would be its features and it should last longer as well. However, there are exceptions to this. If you are looking to buy a new phone it is worth comparing the cell phone companies in the world. In this article, we have listed the 20 biggest cell phone companies in the world
List of 20 Biggest Cell Phone Companies in the World
1. Apple Inc: Net worth $3 trillion
With a net worth of $3 trillion, Apple iPhone holds the top position in the smartphone market. Headquartered in the USA, the brand is known for its high-quality and secure smartphones. They are a status symbol for many considering the steep price they claim and rightly so.
The brand stays at least two years ahead of its competition in terms of features and specifications, hence its popularity. The best part about this brand is that they bring out a model in the market only when they are better than the rest.
2. Samsung: Net worth $500 billion
This brand has a net worth of $500 billion and is headquartered in South Korea. It has a massive following and is trusted by its loyal customer base who rarely change the brand when upgrading their smartphones.
3. Google Pixel: Net worth $107.7 billion
Fairly new in the smartphone market yet became quite popular probably due to its brand value. This is a worthy alternative for Apple or Samsung phones. Headquartered in the USA, it has a net worth of $107.7 billion. This brand is known for its elegant designs, powerful software, great camera, and innovative hardware.
4. Huawei: Net worth $83.52 billion
Headquartered in China, Huawei has a net worth of $83.52 billion. The brand has a presence in 170 countries. The 4th top brand for smartphones, Huawei is known for its beautiful design, excellent cameras, high-performing processors, and great specifications. The apps run fast and the phones support fast charging as well.
5. Oppo: Net worth $1.5 billion
With a net worth of $1.5 billion ad headquartered in China, this brand is quite popular due to its great features and specification at a lower price point. It is a great option for people who love to play games since the phones do not heat up quickly even with moderate to heavy use. The cameras and other hardware are great too.
6. Xiaomi: Net worth $27.65 billion
This brand has revolutionized the smartphone market with its budget models without compromising on features and specifications. Its net worth is $27.65 billion and is headquartered in China.
Surprisingly, it does not have any physical stores except in Singapore and China. Smartphones are sold online across the world. The company offers smartphones in all budget ranges to cater to a wide customer base.
7. OnePlus– One of the fastest growing brands, its net worth is $ 1.4 billion. Headquartered in China, OnePlus is known for offering high-end and long-lasting build quality in smartphones.
It has a proper balance of features and performance to consider buying without any regret in the future. This brand is worth the money spent.
8. Vivo– This company is also headquartered in China and has a net worth of $ 21 billion. The phones have a smart processing system with great cameras and are budget-friendly as well. High-end models are also available for those who like to splurge.
9. Sony– With a whopping net worth of $ 187.48 billion the brand speaks for itself. Headquartered in Japan, it is the first brand that offered water-resistant devices. The brand is known for offering unique and different features than other brands that work like a charm every time. Nonetheless, the camera quality is fabulous.
Watch this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i4z5tqRzPg
10. Realme– With a net worth of $ 456 million and headquartered in China, this brand is gaining popularity in recent years. The phones have great features available at low prices. It is targeting a worldwide expansion after being introduced in countries like Bhutan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Myanmar, etc. initially.
11. Motorola– This is one of the first brands that launched mobile phones. Headquartered in the USA, it has a net worth of $ 37.73 billion. The brand is known for offering great features, and long battery life at a great price point.
12. Asus– This company is headquartered in Taiwan and has a net worth of $ 182 billion. The brand that is known for its motherboard also manufactures Android smartphones with amazing features, great performance, lovely displays, remarkable sensors, etc.
13. LG– Headquartered in South Korea, LG has a net worth of $ 34.214 billion. It is the first brand to feature a Quad HD display. It is known for its unique rear-button layout and entry-level portfolio. LG may not produce smartphones in the future anymore but is still one of the best in the business.
14. Tecno Mobile– With a net worth of $ 4 billion, it is slowly growing. Headquartered in China, the brand offers great specifications, powerful recreational functions, exceptional display designs, and a great internet browsing experience. This budget-friendly brand can be trusted for its quality.
15. Nokia– One of the oldest mobile phone brands, Nokia is headquartered in Finland and has a net worth of $ 24.10 billion. Known for their sturdiness and great battery life, it did not take much time to reign the world of mobile phones. The Android versions offer the endearing combination of solid hardware, sturdy design, great performance, upgraded software, and durable battery.
16. ZTE– Headquartered in China, ZTE has a net worth of $ 15.91 billion. It has grown 85.7% since its establishment in 1985. It is a very popular brand in the USA. The brand promises flawless performance with durable battery life and super stability.
Also read: 5 Best Rugged Smartphones In 2022
17. HTC– With a net worth of $ 10 billion, HTC is headquartered in Taiwan. This brand is known for its iconic designs, best selfie camera, great audio quality, fast charging, amazing version of Android, etc. The latest offerings from this brand are great.
18. Honor– With a net worth of $ 83.52 billion (Huawei), this company is headquartered in China. The only brand to have developed a dual-lens camera for smartphones, Honor ensures high performance at an affordable price point. This may be a less popular brand but one of the best in the market.
19. Panasonic– This company is headquartered in Japan and has a net worth of $ 30.57 billion. Their phones have decent cameras and great hardware. The OS optimization is exceptional which is greatly appreciated.
20. Alcatel-Lucent– This brand has a net worth of $ 24.10 billion (Nokia) and is headquartered in France. They manufacture the One Touch mobile phones that are seeing huge growth in the market of Android smartphones. Some of the remarkable features of these phones include premium build, vibrant color options, good camera, etc.
It is important to buy a device that gives your money’s worth. Thus, by checking out the popular cell phone companies in the world, you would be able to make an informed decision. Let us know in the comments section below if you know of any other brand apart from the mentioned 20 biggest cell phone companies in the world.