In today’s digital age, the thirst for learning new skills and gaining knowledge never ends, but traditional classroom settings aren’t always viable or appealing.
According to a survey the online education market is projected to hit $166.6 billion in 2023. It’s expected to grow at a rate of 9.48% per year from 2023 to 2027, bringing the market value to an estimated $239.3 billion by 2027. That’s where online courses come into the picture, offering a convenient and accessible way for people to learn at their own pace, in the comfort of their own homes.
If you’ve found yourself asking “Where can I create and sell my online course?”, you’re not alone. Understanding this widespread dilemma, we’re here to guide you through the “5 best platforms to create and sell online courses”.
Let’s explore them!
Best Platform to Create And Sell Online Courses
Udemy, with over 50 million students and 75,000 instructors, has revolutionized the learning and teaching landscape. It is known for providing robust support to course creators and is one of the best platforms to create and sell online courses.
- Requirement of at least 30 minutes of video and five lectures per course
- Support in course creation and marketing
- Offers marketplace insights to help creators select the perfect course topic and see how it stacks up against other courses
Charges 3% revenue share on course sales made by instructor coupons and 63% on all other course sales
Skillshare is an ideal platform for teaching creative skills. It hosts courses on a wide range of topics and is perfect for creators and learners of creative crafts.
- Provides a membership plan that gives students access to all of its 35,000 premium courses.
- All classes include 20-60 minutes of video, a practical project, and community discussion.
- Free for creating a premium class
- Instructors are remunerated $10 each time they refer someone who subsequently opts for a premium membership. Additionally, they also receive royalty payments based on the duration of their premium class is viewed monthly.
Teachable allows course creators to build a comprehensive online school and effectively grow their audience.
- Offers options to customize the look and feel of your course
- Allows flexibility in course pricing
- Built-in affiliate marketing and native email marketing tool
- Collects student feedback and uncovers insights about your course
- Free plan with transaction fees of $1 + 10% per transaction
- Paid plans start at $29/month for the Basic plan
Thinkific is a user-friendly platform that provides ready-to-use templates to help creators build their first online course.
- Course creation templates for various purposes, such as pre-sell, mini-course, flagship course, membership resource library, and webinar replay
- Easy-to-use website builder.
- Allows you to turn on student reviews for your course and add testimonials directly to your landing page
- Free for 1 course and unlimited students, full eCommerce, and no transaction fees
- From $36/month for the Basic plan, offering most features including unlimited courses and students, a custom domain, and drip content.
Simplero is a perfect pick for those looking for a user-friendly and highly customizable platform to create online courses. It allows for quick course creation and outlining of your curriculum. Moreover, the platform doubles up as a CRM and a marketing automation tool, providing an all-in-one business management solution for online course creators.
- Click on ‘Create a new course’ and in a few steps, your course curriculum is ready.
- Manage your customer list efficiently.
- An automated 21-day course launch sequence is available under ‘Done-For-You Campaigns’.
- The platform allows tracking of sales and financials.
- This integration allows automatic addition of new students to your email list or creation of new Simplero subscribers from form submissions.
- Turn Simplero subscriptions into Mailchimp or AWeber subscribers, or vice versa.
- Starter Plan: Costs $59/month and includes 1 product, 1 course, and unlimited landing pages.
- Scale Plan: Priced at $149/month, it offers 1,000 contacts, unlimited courses and products, affiliate marketing features, automation, and much more.
These were the best platforms to create and sell online courses. Let us know which one you choose!