Imagine having a well-doing YouTube account where you’ve put your time, energy and money. It has good engagement with audience as well. And out of nowhere you get to know that the account has been suspended. Well, YouTube account getting suspended could be really devastating. But that will not get the account back, right? So here are the things you could consider while applying for revival of the account.
In this article Know how :
How can you account get suspended
How to get your suspended YouTube account back
For how long does suspension last
Consequences of YouTube account suspension
- How can YouTube Account Get Suspended
YouTube reserves the right to suspend or close your account with or without prior notice, if the terms and conditions are violated.
The very first question after account getting suspended would be “How or Why” YouTube works with a combination of machine learning systems and humans to identify content which violates Community Guidelines and copyright policies. These policies need to be comprehended properly.
YouTube has a set of community guidelines for it’s users. If YouTube finds your account/a particular video violating any of the guidelines, the account gets suspended.
Let’s have a look at major YouTube Community Guidelines
YouTube Community Guidelines forbid the following uploads
- Deceptive-scams, impersonations
- Sensitive – nudity, child pornography etc.
- Hate crimes, violence, harassment
- Videos that promote regulated goods
- Incorrect information that influences politics or public health
- How to get your suspended YouTube account back
1: Submit an Appeal
You can get back your suspended YouTube account by appealing your strike. Here’s what you need to do
- Sign in to YouTube
- Go to your dashboard
- Select the channel violation card
- Click appeal
Once the process is completed, YouTube will review your case and your strike will be removed as well as the video will be back online if you were found innocent.
The only issue with YouTube appeal is that you are only allowed to appeal 30 days after the strike.
If the channel was suspended because of the false copyright infringement, you can submit a free form and email it to email@example.com
Here’s what should be included in the email:
- Full name
- Email address
- Physical address
- Contact number
- Specific URLs for your case
- Counter notification table
- Agreement of the verification statements
- Electronic signature
- Statement why you believe you were wronged
Be aware that
*You can appeal only one time per strike
* need to have channel’s URL in order to complete the form. Your appeal will be rejected otherwise.
2: TWEET !
Chances are that you sent appeal via email and you keep waiting for them to revert back with clarity and assistance. That’s not the case always, but there are times when you don’t get any response. In that case, tweeting will get you an apt response.
All you have to do is to send a tweet to @teamyoutube explaining your issue. You will get faster replies here. As social media and it’s significance shall not be ignored.
YouTube is a worldwide established brand. It is obliged to be accountable and tweeting would catch the “public-eye.” You can use the platform for reaching out to YouTube in no time
Ask for Support
If your account gets suspended all of the sudden, and if you have a good number of subscribers, you can take their help. You can ask them to retweet or tweet with a specific hashtag. The support from audience could be a source of motivation for you.
Back up all your content
We don’t want anyone’s YouTube account getting suspended but sometimes the account holder doesn’t even get a notice regarding the same. So we recommend having a backup of every bit of video you post online.
- For how long does suspension last?
Community Guidelines Violation and Suspension
YouTube governs guidelines violation or misbehaviour with a strike system. Here’s how it works
- If you violate any of the Community Guidelines for the first time, a warning will be issued and the video will be removed
- In case you continue to violate the guidelines, you will be issued a strike. And your account will be suspended for a week. You will also be given 90 days to keep a clean record to avoid further suspension
- If you violate the guidelines during 90 days, second strike will be issued and the suspension will last for two weeks.
- After hitting third strike during 90 days, your YouTube account will be permanently removed.
Copyright Infringement and Suspension
If your account is accused for copyright infringement
- A strike is issued which acts as a warning
- Your YouTube account will be suspended with second strike. It means live stream won’t br available for a week
- You are likely to get the account banned properly if third strike is hit.
- Consequences of YouTube account suspension
YouTube account getting suspended could be withering. Apart from the emotional/mental turmoil, there are some other consequences as well. The results of suspension are as follows
- You loose all your YouTube videos
Yes. A suspension doesn’t only takes away your beloved account but all the uploaded videos as well. If you did not have a backup, your loss might never be rebounded.
- All linked accounts are suspended
With the suspension of your account, other linked accounts get suspended automatically. And you might not get informed about the suspension of linked accounts
- You are not allowed to create another account
If your YouTube account is banned permanently, you are not allowed to create another account. Your newly curated YouTube account won’t be accepted by the YouTube
No one would even dream of getting YouTube account suspended. The creators invest a lot of time in making videos to engage audience to their channel. But we all make mistakes, right! However we should be careful with what we post on the platforms. In case your account is suspended on YouTube, now you know why and how does YouTube suspend accounts and what steps are supposed to be taken in case of suspension.