Google Form is the go-to option for many to create polls, surveys, and quizzes.
Surveyors more often than not get overwhelming responses to their forms which they may not always intend to get. If you are one of them and want to limit Google Form responses, you have come to the right place. Learn how to limit Google Form responses and close form automatically as well as manually in three unique ways.
Watch this YouTube video:
The three best methods to limit Google form responses
1. Use Google form settings
If you want just one response from each respondent then you can use this method. To do so, you need to:
- Open the Google Form
- Click on the Settings icon
- You will then be shown the Settings window
- Click on the ‘Limit to 1 response’ checkbox
- Then click on the Save button
All these steps will ensure that a person can submit his response only once.
2. Manually stop accepting the responses
Once you have collected the required number of responses you intended to receive, you can change the settings manually to stop getting any more of them. To do so:
- Open the Google Form
- Switch to the Responses window
- Slide the toggle button beside the ‘Accepting responses’ option
- It will turn to ‘Not accepting responses’
And there you go since now nobody would be able to drop their responses for the Google Form anymore.
Suggested read: Best way to recover deleted responses from Google Forms
3. Use the form limiter add-on
A little more flexibility and automation are good for everything. The same applies to receiving responses through Google Form. However, the built-in features are not enough. You need something more than that. Here is what you can do:
- Click on the vertical ellipsis menu on the Google Form
- Hit the Add-ons option
- Choose the formLimiter add-on from the multitude of suggested options
- Click on Install to install the add-on
- Click ‘CONTINUE’ to go ahead with the process
- Once the Add-on is installed, the FORMLIMITER window will appear on the screen
- Click on the drop-down menu to make your selection
- Follow the screen prompts ending with clicking on the ‘Save and enable’ option
Let us know in the comments section below if you know how to limit Google Form responses and close form automatically or manually in other ways. If you found our ways to limit Google Form responses useful, make others know as well by sharing the same on your social media.