Sure, Snapchat is one of the most popular and innovative social media platforms available today. However, their new user interface layout and design are slightly difficult to use and that has caused users to unsubscribe from it. However, there are secret Snapchat hacks and tricks that users are unaware of.
Snapchat has several prominent features such as disappearing stories, destructive messages, and more. Several popular social media handles are also copying these features. However, Snapchat also brings a ton of hidden features that users can leverage and enjoy their time on Snapchat.
In this article, we discuss 7 such tricks and hacks that will enable you to get optimal use of the hidden features on Snapchat.
Customise your Snapchat experience
Snapchat’s discover page can be annoying sometimes. While there are some informative and entertaining posts on Snapchat, the discover page can be full of rumors and uninteresting posts as well. That said, there are ways you can customize your discover page and avoid unnecessary hassles.
- Go to Snapchat’s viewfinder page
- Click on your profile
- Tap on the settings
- Next, search for ‘Administration’ and find two other options-Advertising preferences and lifestyle and interests.
- Next, unlock the categories you want to view
Pin emojis or stickers on a moving object in Snapchat
Follow the steps to pin stickers and emojis
- Record a video
- Click on the memo icon to access the stickers
- Select the stickers or emojis and shrink them to the desired size
- Hold down the stickers such that it freezes your video. Next, attach the sticker to the moving object in your video.
- You can use this feature for texts as well
Add an audio track to your Snap
While adding a soundtrack can come in handy, it requires a little accuracy and a better sense of timing to capture the specific part of the song. So, use the following secret Snapchat hacks and tricks and add audio to your Snap easily.
- Open the music application on your device
- Play the song you want to include
- Go back to Snapchat and start recording
Find a product
You can shop for products on Snapchat just like you can on Pinterest’s new shop through lens feature.
- Click on the smiling face that appears on your camera screen
- Next, click on the scan icon at the bottom of the screen
- Swipe left and click on the shopping bag item
- Next, Snapchat will display all the similar products. However, these products are available only on Amazon.
Use italic and underline to decorate your Snap
Developers have added a new feature that lets you edit and format the text you have added to your snapshots and make it more creative.
Follow these steps;
- Take a snapshot, press the T icon to add text to the snapshot. Type the text you want.
- Tap and hold the text to see a menu at the top- B I U (Bold, Italic, and Underline)
- Next, tap on the option you want to apply to the text. You can use this trick to change the color of the text.
- Next, tap on done after finishing with the formatting.
Add Snapchat Face Lens to your Snap
This new Beta feature allows you to use Face lenses even after you have clicked a photo. However, this feature is effective only when your face is visible.
- Once you click a picture, you will notice a ‘Smiley’ icon under the paperclip link icon
- After you recognize it, press it to access all of the face lenses that were visible before taking the picture
- If your face is not clear, you will not see the Smiley icon.
Turn emoji into the colorful filter
To convert your emoji into the colorful filter, follow the steps;
- Select an emoji of your choice
- Place it at the corner of the screen
- Minimize it and push it to the corner
- The dotted translucent edge acts as the filter
The new Snapchat UI can be confusing if you have been using the platform since the launch of the service. However, the above secret Snapchat hacks and tricks can help you appreciate all the new features that Snapchat is bringing to you.