Listen as audio
Before you buy something, it is always advisable to do thorough research and you can never go wrong with your purchase. The same applies to handheld inkjet printers. If you have exhausted your resources but still do not know how to choose the right handheld inkjet printer, this article is for you.
How to choose the right handheld inkjet printer?
1. The intended usage and application
The search for the right equipment should start with identifying your requirements. Assess your current and midterm printing needs. It is advisable to look for devices that meet those necessities without any additional features as those would not bring any extra value.
For instance, if you need the printer for printing barcodes only then there is no use for a color printer. Doing so will not only get you a cheaper product but the cost of operating it would reduce also.
Important information to help with your choice:
- If you need to do a lot of printing in a short time then the laser marking machine is your savior.
- A handheld printer is best suited for you if you just need to write a little content and do not need to print a lot.
- If you need the printing to have a certain depth like engraving, choose the dot peen marking device.
2. Design and features
Design and features play very important roles based on the application. Here are some tips to consider before buying a handheld inkjet printer:
- It would be more convenient to carry and easy to use if the device is less than 1 kg in weight and is smaller in size. Also, consider the portability of its packaging. Ideally, a product with a sturdy hardware toolbox would be great.
- For an enhanced user experience, a printer with 4 inches or more touchscreen is suggested.
- A machine with the ability to do 360-degree printing is more efficient.
- If you want to print in colors, then you may choose a printer with more color options. You may ask the manufacturer or supplier if they can supply cartridges in a variety of colors.
- Get a device that supports Wi-Fi, USB, or Bluetooth. This would make it easier to import designs, texts, etc. from your computer or smartphone.
- Printing resolution and printing height are quite important. It is always suggested to go for devices that offer higher resolution and height. While the standard printing resolution is around 200, the standard printing height is around 2 mm- 12.7mm. Some manufacturers provide devices with printing heights of 25.4mm, 50mm, 75mm, and even 100mm.
You may find this article useful: Looking for the Best Printer for Home Use Under 10000 in India?
3. Ink cartridges
It is important to choose a handheld inkjet printer based on its ink cartridge support as well. Some suggestions are given below:
- Water-based cartridges are suitable for printing on white paper, paper towels, fabric, uncoated cartons, floors, cement walls, and other water-repellent materials.
- The quick-drying solvent cartridge is best for boxes, packaging bags, household goods, cosmetics, plastics, metal, glass, stone, pipe, wood board, aluminum foil, MDF, leather, cable, white paper carton, etc. This option is suitable for outdoor printing too.
- It is also important to choose a printer based on its manufacturer’s condition of using ink cartridges. Some printers are affordable but you are obligated to buy OEM cartridges, which would cost a lot more than third-party cartridges. Check with the supplier on this issue before buying.
More than anything else, it is the price that determines a purchase the most. Understandably, the costlier the product, the more features, and better quality is expected in comparison to its cheaper counterparts.
Ideally, you should get a printer that offers maximum value for your budget. Handheld inkjet printers generally range between $ 300 and $ 1000. You may get a better deal or free shipping if you buy more in quantity from some suppliers.
It depends a lot on the software how your machine operates and also its limitations. Ideas on best options to choose:
- You may want to get a printer with the option to print in different font types and sizes.
- Get something that allows printing in different shapes as well.
- Check with the manufacturers, if they allow third-party cartridges to be used with their printers as the software may reject such cartridges.
6. Pre and after-sales services
Getting a product at a cheaper price with lots of features is good but it is equally important to have great pre and post-sales services.
The supplier who would help you with information- pros & cons, about the device before buying and guarantee satisfactory after-sales services should be the one to go for. In other words, they should tell you how to use the product for optimum results and offer maintenance instructions.
Popular handheld inkjet printer brands
Shmidt, EBS, Reiner, and HeatSign are some of the popular brands of handheld inkjet printers that you may consider.
Watch this YouTube video for more information:
Where to find it?
Do a quick search on the Internet and you would be able to find online stores selling inkjet printers. Alibaba, Amazon, and eBay also have many sellers. You may even check at your local brick-and-mortar electronics stores to get one.
We tried to give comprehensive information for your purchase. Thus, we hope you found our article on how to choose the right handheld inkjet printer useful and would share it with others as well. If you have any further queries or want to tell us about the device you bought finally, hit us in the comment section below.