One of the largest mobile messaging apps Snapchat has finally released its first-ever augmented reality (AR) game. The game named “Ghost Phone” lets the users hunt for ghosts in their surroundings or figure out the secrets of an abandoned.
To launch the Ghost Phone game, you can either open Snapchat’s Lens Explorer and search for the Lens called Ghost Phone, or you can simply click on this link.
Here’s how to open the game on Snapchat
- First of all, open the Snapchat app on your device
- Now, tap on the middle camera icon to open the recording screen
- Once done, just click the smiley face icon to the right of the record button
- Doing this will open the lens menu
- After this, you will have to click on the “Explore” icon in the lower right corner of your device’s screen
- Now, search for “Ghost Phone” and open it when you find it. The icon of the game would be a picture of a smartphone with a question mark over it
The game is available through Snap’s Minis feature. These are small apps within Snapchat that offers a wide range of unique functions. However, Snap Minis were previously used to teach users about the stock market and offer medications. This is for the first time that Snap Minis are being used for an augmented reality game.
Also read: Snapchat for Web is Finally Out!
Everything about the Ghost Phone game
While you play the Ghost Phone game, you will have to hunt for different kinds of ghosts by performing various activities. The players would be able to find the clues within data and text messages. Further, they can unlock Camera Modes to capture the AR ghost. Along with this, they will also learn more about the abandoned phone.
In order to complete various tasks in the game, one has to get up and move around for a while.
This game uses Snap’s World Mesh technology along with surface recognition to place various game objects around the user.