We all love security! Most of our bank statements, and financial transactions are password encrypted to ensure the information does not end up in the wrong hands. We receive our monthly pay slips, official documents, etc. in the form of password protected PDF files so that only we can open it, and NOBODY ELSE!
Now, there might be many PDF files that password protected and it is often difficult to remember the passwords to all of them. Here’s how you can remove password from PFD using Chrome. Let us see how we can do that in simple steps.
Using Google Chrome to remove password from PDF files
The first and foremost thing to do is to ensure you have the latest version of Chrome installed. Now, follow these simple steps to remove the password from any PDF file:
- Right-click on the PDF file and select “Google Chrome” from the “Open with” menu.
- At this stage you will be asked to enter the password. Put in the correct password to open up the PDF in Chrome.
- Now, click on the “Print” button at the top-right corner.
- After clicking on Print, on the left panel, click on the “Change” button under the “Destination” section.
- Finally Select “Save as PDF” from the list of destinations.
- Don’t forget to click on the blue “Save” button to save the new PDF file on your PC.
This new PDF file will not be password protected and will be saved in its original form. Remember, this method of removing password from PDF will not work unless PDF file is allowed to be printed.
You can also remove PDF Passwords without Chrome. To do so, you will have to download the Windows utility- BeCyPDFMetaEdit to remove passwords from PDF files. For it to work effectively:
- The first step is to launch the program.
- Here it will ask the location of the PDF file.
- Before you select and open the PDF, remember to change the mode to “Complete Rewrite”
- Now switch to the Security tab and set the “Security System” to “No encryption.”
- Click on the Save button and your PDF will no longer ask for a password to open.
Do you use any alternative method to remove password from PDF files? In case you do, please share the same in the comment section. You can also sign in for our newsletter for more such handy tips and tricks.