Listen as audio
Meta, formerly known as Facebook, has rolled out updated 3D avatars for Facebook and Messenger in India. These updated avatars can be customized, are much more expressive, and are easy to create and use.
Snapchat users are well aware of the avatars as these have been available for them for a long time. However, it is something new to be experienced by the users of Meta platforms.
3D avatars for Instagram users too
Along with Facebook users, Instagram users can also use 3D avatars now. The 3D avatars have been introduced for the first time to Instagram users. People can share them in their stories as well as in DMs.
Meta has added new features including new skin colors, hair colors, accessories, etc, and also new facial shapes in the updated avatars. These 3D avatars were already introduced five months back for the users of the US, Canada, and Mexico.
Here’s how you can create avatars on Facebook and Instagram
Creating an avatar on Facebook
- Open the Facebook app on your device, tap on the menu option and then ‘see more’
- There you will see the avatar option, click on it
- You will then be able to create your avatar
Creating an avatar on Instagram
- Open the Instagram app on your device, and then under the ‘profile’ option look for ‘settings’
- When you open settings, you will see the ‘account’ option, click on it
- Once done, look for ‘avatar’ and tap on it
- From here you will be able to create your avatar and customize it
NOTE: If you linked your Instagram account with your Facebook account, you will be given a choice to use the same avatar. You can also choose to create a new one for yourself here.
Do tell us through the comment section below how do you like these new 3D avatars.