As we stay home, using the desktop has become important. It doesn’t exhaust you the way a mobile would. Social media updates through the desktop? Check. Except, Instagram. One of the most popular social media apps, Instagram has not allowed us that luxury yet. For a long time, the only way one could upload photos and videos on Instagram was via the mobile app. But, according to a recent discovery by developer Alessandro Paluzzi, Instagram desktop upload might be possible soon!
According to Paluzzi, the social media channel is working on a solution that would allow account holders to upload photos from their PC to the platform. He says he tried undisclosed methods to test an option. These methods permitted him to upload photos on Instagram from his computer, thus indicating that this feature might be made available for the masses soon.
You Might Also Like: How to Use the Instagram Stories Captions Sticker
How will Instagram desktop upload help?
Instagram has always been ahead of the users’ demands. They have regularly updated the desktop version to match mobile app offerings. Now, the Instagram desktop upload is expected to allow content creators to upload images and videos instantly. They can edit on the desktop and upload. This will save them a lot of time and encourage more people to use the app.
Here’s how you can post to Instagram from your PC or Mac
- Open Chrome, visit Instagram.com and sign in to your account
- Right-click anywhere on the page and then select Inspect from the available options
- window with a random text will show up at the bottom of the page. The only thing we care about is the small tablet icon in the top-left corner of the Inspector tool
- At this stage, the Instagram interface should refresh, giving you the mobile website, complete with the + button to create a post. If you don’t have the post button, refresh the page until it shows up.
- Once you have uploaded a picture, click on the tablet icon again and simply close the Inspector tool.
PS: This is an unofficial trick and can be a tedious process but once you get a hang of it, you can instantly upload photos and videos on Instagram from desktop.
Stay tuned to stay abreast with Instagram desktop upload update. You can also sign in for our newsletter to receive the latest technology news in your mailbox.