The Twitter edit tweet feature is a new addition to the platform. As the name suggests, it allows user to edit their tweets. However, it is available to Twitter Blue users in the USA, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia only. There is no information on whether or not the feature would be made available to Blue Tick users in other countries or regular users. If you meet the criteria learn how to edit tweets on the Twitter app.
Also read: https://www.livemint.com/
How to edit tweets on the Twitter app?
- Open the app and log in to your Twitter Blue account
- Find the tweet you posted within the last 30 minutes
- Click on the three dots in the top right
- Select the Edit Tweet option
- A screen will appear which will look similar to the one which is used to write tweets
- Make changes according to your requirement to the tweet like adding or deleting text, attaching or removing an image
- Click Update when done
Watch this YouTube video:
How to register for a Twitter Blue account?
Twitter Blue is a paid service that costs $4.99 a month. It allows users to read news articles without advertisements. It also unlocks experimental new features like the edit button. Here is how to get the Twitter Blue account:
- Open the Twitter app
- Choose Twitter Blue by selecting More on the left or you can also tap your profile picture in the top-left
- Subscribe using your credit card, debit card, Google Pay or Apple Pay
- Once you have signed up, you can use the feature
Suggested read: Who is Elon Musk Seeking Help from to Run Twitter?
Limitations and facts on editing tweets
You can only edit a tweet that was sent within 30 minutes of your deciding to change it. You cannot change a tweet that was posted more than 30 minutes ago.
When a tweet has been edited a pencil icon appears on the post which signifies that everyone can see that it was edited and the time of editing as well. A tweet can be edited five times. A version history would be available for every edited tweet.
Retweets, polls, and replies cannot be edited. The tweet has to be edited from the same device that it was initially tweeted from.
This feature is available on the Twitter app only. Thus, you cannot edit your tweet when you log in to Twitter on your computer or laptop.
Hope you found the information on how to edit tweets on the Twitter app useful. It took several years and multiple requests from users for Twitter to introduce this feature. Let us know in the comments section below your opinion on the Twitter edit tweet feature.