Wondering how to transfer files from phone to laptop without USB? Well, there are several ways to do that. Whether you are using an Android smartphone or iPhone, files can be transferred from the phone to laptop.
This article is meant to help you with how to transfer files from phone to laptop without USB in different ways. You can try any or all of the methods to determine the one that suits your requirements the best.
How to Transfer Files from Phone to Laptop without USB?
Three Easy Methods to Transfer Files from Android to Laptop
Wondering how to transfer files from phone to laptop without USB if you are using an Android device? Here is how:
I. Via Bluetooth
- On your laptop, open Settings by pressing Win + I.
- Open the Devices section and choose Bluetooth & Other devices
- Switch Bluetooth to On and click Add Bluetooth or other devices
- Click on Bluetooth to commence the search for compatible devices
- Take your smartphone and open the Quick settings panel by swiping down the top of the screen.
- Long-press the Bluetooth
- Choose your laptop name under Available devices
- The phone will now try to pair with the laptop and you will need to confirm with a security code as prompted
- Click on Pair on your phone and Yes on the laptop to connect them
- You will get a Device Ready notification when the process is complete
- Right-click on the Bluetooth icon in your laptop’s system tray and choose to Receive a file, click Next to start the transfer
- Browse your Gallery app or file browser on the phone to choose the file to transfer.
- Click on the Share button, choose Bluetooth to share the file, and then select your laptop from the list
- Click Finish once the transfer is completed and you can save the file.
II. With AirDroid
- Install and open the AirDroid app on your phone
- Tap Continue after choosing Allow access to manage all files
- Click Ok to view different Security & Remove Features
- Toggle to choose On the Files option
- Visit AirDroid’s webpage and scroll down to find the Windows option and then click on the same to download and install the desktop client
- If not prompted to sign in, choose any of the menus or icons input your details. Choose the laptop’s name in the Transfer tab. Both the devices need to be connected to the same network first.
- Click on the paperclip icon
- Tap Send after selecting the files you want to transfer
- Click on the magnifying icon to go to the local folder where your transferred files will be
You can transfer files if you have iPhone through AirDroid as well.
III. With Pushbullet
- Download and install the Pushbullet app on your phone
- You need to sign in via Google and then follow the prompts to proceed
- Visit the Pushbullet website
- Sign in to the web client or download the app for Windows
- Open the app on your phone and choose Pushing followed by clicking on the paperclip icon
- You will get three options via a pop-up message: Take photo, Send photo and Send file
- Click on Send file to choose the file to share and then press the Send button
- Almost immediately, an image will show in the web client on the laptop next to the sending device’s name
- Tap the image or file name to save the file and it will be downloaded
Two Ways to Transfer Files From iPhone to Laptop
Wondering how to transfer files from phone to laptop without USB if you are using an iPhone? Here is how:
- Download and install Dropbox on both the iPhone and the laptop
- Sign up to login
- Open Dropbox and upload the items to transfer on your iPhone
- Open Dropbox on your laptop with the same login id
- The uploaded files will be shown which you need to download on your laptop
- Install iCloud for Windows on your laptop
- Open Settings on the iPhone and go to (Your Name)> iCloud
- Toggle options accordingly to transfer files
- Open iCloud on your laptop with the same id and turn on the corresponding option to access the files on your laptop
- Alternately you can visit iCloud.com from your laptop and input the Apple id you use
- Access and download the items on your laptop sent via iCloud from the iPhone
Learning the tips on how to transfer files from phone to laptop without USB will help you whenever you need to transfer files. You can even help your friend in need with these methods. Similar or same methods can be used even if you are using a PC, Mac, or any other smart or iOS device.
However, which method will be best suited for you will depend on the type of files or the size of files you want to transfer. If you want any additional help do not hesitate to comment with your issue below. We would be glad to help.