Listen as audio
WhatsApp calls are a convenient and quick way to keep in touch with your loved ones; however, you can only connect a call if somebody adds you. To solve this problem, the social media platform has recently introduced a calling feature named Call Links. People can use this feature to connect to any Whatsapp call by clicking on the URL (link). But what if you want to remove the call link once it serves its purpose?
In this article, you’ll learn how to remove create call link in Whatsapp on the iPhone. The procedure is the same for all operating systems, and it doesn’t matter if you use Google’s Android, Apple IOS, or Google’s open source.
Let’s get started with it!
Whatsapp to roll out a new calling feature. So what is this fuss around it?
The Meta-owned platform has recently launched a brand new function called Call Links. In addition, WhatsApp has impressive safety features and keeps an eagle eye on the safety of its users.
People can use this by generating a link and sharing it with their family, friends, and other participants. It’s similar to a Google Meet, Zoom, and Microsoft Teams link you share for a call.
The good thing about using Call Links for call requests is that people who are not in your contacts can also join the call even if the admin does not have their mobile number saved. However, unlike other apps that are likely to enable video call settings, you would need to download WhatsApp from Google Play Store in order to use Call Links and make the call. You can create two types of call links: Voice Call or Video Call.
WhatsApp’s IT and development team has tested safely encrypted video calling for 32 people, or less and more information will be released on this topic soon.
How to create a Whatsapp call link?
- Update your WhatsApp application by browsing the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- First, open the WhatsApp app on your iPhone and click on the “Calls” tab.
- Then go to the “Create Call Link” option. This option will only be available to you if you have access to this function.
- By clicking on “Create Call Link,” WhatsApp will create a call link for you to share with your friends.
- Lastly, please copy the link and share it with the desired contacts.
The latest Call Links feature is not particularly impressive; however, it is helpful if you want to avoid adding callers manually and save time. You just have to copy and share the link, and other users who get it can connect.
How to remove the create call link in WhatsApp on iPhone?
Create Call Link is a feature that WhatsApp officially launches. So, there is no option to remove or delete this feature. Although, you can install an old version of WhatsApp that doesn’t have this function.
Follow these steps to remove the create call link in WhatsApp on iPhone:
Part 1: Create a backup for your WhatsApp chats
- Open the WhatsApp application on your iPhone.
- Then click the three dots at the top right corner to open the options menu.
- Now select the “Settings” option, which is at the bottom of the menu.
- Under Settings, click on the second option, which is “Chats.”
- Then scroll down and select the “Chat Backup” option at the bottom.
- Now, click on the “Back Up” option, and all your chats will be saved.
Part 2: Uninstall your WhatsApp app and download the old version
- After backing up the WhatsApp chats, go to Home Screen and open the “Phone Settings” application on your iPhone.
- Then select the “Apps & notifications” option.
- Click on WhatsApp and uninstall it from your mobile.
- Now, search “WhatsApp Old Version” on your browser and install the old version of the application from any website.
You can also download the old version of WhatsApp from the following link: https://bit.ly/3MP6ZZR.
It is imperative to back up your data before uninstalling the WhatsApp application. Or else WhatsApp will delete all your chats and call history.
The social media network has also launched voice calling in the new version. The users with open arms receive this new function. We hope we solved how by removing create call link in WhatsApp on iPhone query, and now by implementing these steps, you will be able to solve your problem.
However, voice calls on WhatsApp can be frustrating for some users, especially in office settings and meetings. The call frequency is significantly more than the paid calls because the calls are free of cost. How to disable incoming calls but not the data? You can enable silent mode, do not disturb features, or use third-party apps on your smartphone. But WhatsApp does not have any internal features to cater to this issue.