A great click but embarrassing background? Don’t worry! Apple Inc. has got you covered with its latest software update for iPhones: iOS 16. The new iOS allows you to easily remove background from your image in iPhone 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14.
iOS 16 was first released for public beta back in July 2022. One of its most talked about feature was this new option to easily remove background from images for free. In this article, we tell you some easy steps to remove background from image in iPhone 13.
Note: Before you move any forward, know that only iPhone 8 and later models will be compatible with the iOS 16. So, we you have one of these later iPhone models, download & install the new operating system to get the inbuilt image background remover.
Steps to remove background from image using Photos
- Open Photos and find the photograph, in which you want to crop out the background.
- Press and hold that part of the image that you want to keep.
- The background eraser in your iPhone or iPad will automatically separate your subject from the background. If the aperture completely encloses the subject, the background is getting removed. Else, wait for the subject and background to get separated.
- Once you have removed the background, a pop-up window will appear.
- Tap on “Copy and Share” option. Now, you can share it online with your friends or copy it to other software for further editing.
Also Read: How to fix iOS 16 Battery Drain in 11 Ways?
Changing to transparent background in Files
- Open Files app and search for the image that you want with a transparent background like a logo.
- Tap and press the selected file. A new pop-up window will appear.
- Tap on the “Quick Actions” button/option
- Click on the “Remove Background” option. Check the image, your file should now have a transparent background.
Removing image background in Safari in iPhone 13
- Open Safari and search for the photo
- Tap and hold it for a couple of seconds; a pop-up window will appear
- Tap on the ‘Copy Subject’ option in the pop-up window. It will automatically separate the subject and background and remove the background.
- Now, paste the new image, one without the background, into some other applications.
iPhones, which have become synonymous with the most sophisticated mobile technologies, are back with another simple and secure in-built solution for our virtual insta problem. So, just follow the above guide to remove background from image in your iPhone 13 in Files, Photos or Safari. Also, let us know how you liked this new iOS 16 feature.
Also Read: 5 Best Smartphones for Photography for 2023