Frustrated with the constant ads popping on your Xiaomi phone? Xiaomi is indeed one of the biggest smartphones manufactures in the world and rely heavily on targeted ads to earn a major chunk of revenue. If you are wondering how to stop these ads, here are some simple steps to remove ads from Xiaomi phones.
How to Remove Ads in Any Xiaomi/Redmi Device 2021
To get rid of get rid of Xiaomi’s ad “recommendations”, you don’t necessarily have to root your Xiaomi device. Follow this easy guide on how to remove ads from Xiaomi phones.
How to revoke authorization for MSA app
Revoking authorisation for MSA (MIUI system ads) is the first step in removing irritating ad pop-ups on MIUI devices. Since it is a system app, you won’t be able to see it on your home screen. To revoke:
- Settings > Password and Security > Authorisation and Revocation
- Scroll down and toggle off the button adjacent to the MSA option
Remember, since it is system built, there is a possibility that you might face difficulty in revoking the authorisation in the very first attempt. Therefore, keep trying until its finally done.
When you disable MSA, Xiaomi will automatically lose the permission to showcase MIUI system ads on its default apps such as Browser, security, etc.
Avoid ads from “GetApps”
Now that you are in the “Authorization and Revocation” section, make sure you disable the GetApps toggle button as well. This will stop all ads and annoying notifications from the MIUI app store.
How to Remove Ads, and Spam Notifications From Any Xiaomi Smartphone
This next step won’t remove the Xiaomi ads, but at least the ads won’t be based on your personal information.
Toget rid of ad personalization:
- Go to Settings > Password and Security > Privacy > Ad Services
- Switch off “Personalized ad recommendations.”
How to Disable ads in Xiaomi Default apps
To disable MSA in the Xiaomi system settings, you will first have to remove ads in the Mi File Manager app. To do so,
- Open Mi File Manager
- Tap the hamburger icon on the top-left
- Click on About
- Now click on Recommendations to switch this Off
How to remove ads from MIUI Cleaner in MIUI 10
- The MIUI Cleaner app also tends to show ads, which you can remove if you follow these steps.
- Open MIUI Cleaner
- Tap the brush icon on the top-right
- Tap the gear icon on the top-right
- Tap Receive recommendations to switch this Off
How to Remove ads from Mi Video in MIUI 10
The following steps will help you remove ads from the Mi Video app in MIUI 10
- Open Mi Video
- Click on Account on the bottom-right
- Tap on Settings
- choose Online recommendations to Off
- Also remember to push notifications to Off+
To remove notifications from various apps in MIUI 10
Go to Settings > Notifications > App notifications.
It is important to scroll down to each app that has been sending spam notifications to disable them. You cant close all automatically.