The ‘Blue Tick’ on Instagram has indeed become the most coveted symbol of the social media world. This badge can be seen right next to the user’s name, and establishes that the account is an ‘authentic presence of a notable public figure, celebrity, or global brand. For celebrities, businesses and the modern-day influencers, blue tick verification proves to followers you are accredited, along with displaying credibility and authenticity. If you are wondering, ‘how to get a blue tick on Instagram without being famous?’, then we have the answer for you! Read on to know how to get blue tick on Instagram 2021.
Instagram homes over one billion active users across the globe. Before 2018, there was absolutely no way of requesting the little blue tick, one simply had to hope that the account would be chosen. In this article, we will tell you how to get verified on Instagram by just following a few simple steps.
Step 1: Go to your settings and click on “Account”
Step 2: Now click on “Request Verification”
Step 3: At this stage you will be directed to the application request page. Kindly fill out the following information without any errors:
- Full name
- Known as (either just put your actual name or the name people know you by)
- Account category
- Upload a picture of your government-issued photo ID (passport, license or photo/identity card)
Step 4: Send your request and pray for the best!
You Might Also Like: How To Check Who Visited Instagram Profile
Once the application has been submitted, Instagram will then review the form. After examination, the app will notify you if your request has been successful or not. It is best not to expect a response right away. There is no guaranteed timeline for when you’ll be notified, but if denied, you’ll have to wait 30 days before attempting to request verification again. Also, remember that Instagram will never ask you to pay for this or send you an email about it. If you do receive something of the sort, it is surely a scam. Do not divulge the details and immediately report it.
Try these simple tips to get verified on Instagram
- Build your profile as having a strong following assist in making the social account appear genuine and authentic.
- Have insightful content that pushes other Instagram users to come back to your account and follow you for tips, tricks!
- Post frequently to ensure your followers of your presence. Have a social media calendar to convince people to engage with your account.
- Engagement is key on any social platform. Do not shy away from responding to comments. Also, like posts and explore relevant hashtags to make your Instagram game even stronger.
Stay tuned to this space for latest updates. Sign in for our newsletter to get daily updates delivered to your mailbox.