Tried and Tested Methods to Fix “Please open my apps to establish a connection with the server” Error Message
Are you getting the error message, “Please open my apps to establish a connection with the server” while trying to install apps from the Google Play Store or while trying to add another account? Well, don’t worry. There are a few ways to fix this problem. Hopefully one of them will get the issue resolved. Without much ado, let’s get into the ways of handling the error message.
How to Fix “Please open my apps to establish a connection with the server,” Error Message?
Here are certain methods that you can try to fix the error message:
Connect to a Different Network
Use another data service provider to check whether the problem is getting fixed or not. For instance, if you are connected to the mobile network, connect with a WiFi network and vice versa.
This is to ensure that you have a strong Internet connection as otherwise, it is difficult to download.
Check Date and Time
For things to function properly, the date and time need to be accurate. Check whether they are alright or not. You can set the date and time manually from the ‘settings’ options of your device. You can also set your device to update the date and time automatically as well.
Clear the Data and Cache of the Play Store
This method will give a fresh start to the app and thus can fix the issue. Here is how to do it:
- Open settings
- Tap on Apps and notifications-> see all apps
- Tap on Google Play Store
- Tap on Storage
- Click on Clear Cache
- Next, tap on Clear data
- Re-open the Play Store to try and download apps
Restart the Device
If you are still unable to download even after clearing the data and cache of the Play Store from your device, restart it.
- Press and hold the Power key until the menu shows
- Click on Power off or Restart
- If required, press and hot the Power key as long as it takes the device to turn on
Modify the Host File (root access only)
This issue can be resolved with root access also by following the given steps:
- Download and install root explorer
- Open and select: mount, r/w as r/a to be found on top of the screen
- Open the “etc” file
- Click on the “host” file
- Add “#: in the font to change the second IP address
Open Your YouTube Account
This process can be used on older versions of Android:
- Open YouTube
- Click on Menu
- Click on Account-> tap on Add Account
- Take the account information of the problematic account and add it to YouTube
- Press Home to return to the screen
- Click on MENU followed by Settings
- Tap on Account and Sync
- Click on the new account and choose the sync settings as required
Hopefully one of these above-mentioned methods would resolve the issue. Give all these a try and still if the error message “please open my apps to establish a connection with the server” is not taken care of then you would need to contact the developer for support. Let us know in the comments below if you faced this issue in the past and how did it get resolved?